For Mikie

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by seans, Mar 27, 2003.

1. seans

seans New Member

Hi Mikie. Thanks for responding to my last post. You and I have corresponded a little in the past but you might not remember me.

In response to my query you wrote:

Dear Seans 03/27/03 01:58 PM

I report here regularly on my Doxycycline progress. The mycoplasma infection triggered my illnesses on Dec. 24, 1990. I started the Doxy treatment a little more than a year ago. While I've been on the Doxy, my chronic sore throat, swollen lymph nodes, low-grade temperature, IBS, and migraine-type headaches have disappeared only to appear again when I've tried to go off the Doxy.

A while back, I was successfully able to quit the Doxy cold turkey without the symptoms' returning. Unfortunately, my own immune system went nuts and I was Herxing like crazy. I was afraid of an autoimmune response, so I went back on the Doxy and tapered off. My symptoms returned. I don't know what to make of this, but I am encouraged that I was able to quit for two weeks without symptoms. This last time, we were hit hard by Red Tide on the beach here and I am very sensitive to this toxin. My immune system may have just been overwhelmed. In six weeks, I will try to go off them again cold turkey and take my chances with an autoimmune response.

We really don't have much experience in this area, so it's just trial and error for now.

Love, Mikie

I'd like to keep corresponding with you on this. Let me give you a brief on my situation. You may recall it. I've been "sick" for 6.5 years now. I went from literally olympic level conditioning to a shell of a man. I only recently, in the last 2 months, found a doctor who had treated cfids patients and underwent extensive diagnostic testing.

My results were as follows: I have chronically active epstein bar and HHV6 viruses and mycoplasma infection. In addition, my NK cells are out of the normal range, they are "overly" responding. I also have an ATP (I'm sure you know "the energy molecule") score of .3 - - normal is in the 8-11 range.

I started glutathione injections 5 weeks ago and Doxy a month ago. In fact, I just re-filled my Doxy for the first time a couple days ago.

I haven't noticed any positive improvement yet, but I'm persisting. In fact, I've had a fair bit of general malaise in the last 6 weeks, and some severe psychological setbacks after having learned of all the problems that have been identified.

I will keep you posted on my Doxy journey. Thanks for your post.
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Anytime :)

I know how depressing it is to learn that these wee beasties have invaded our bodies and live off us like our purpose is to provide food and shelter for them.

The good news is that many people with our illnesses have multiple infections and don't know it and, therefore, don't treat them.

Your poor system is sooooo down that getting better is going to take some time. The malaise you have been feeling may be a funny kind of Herx.

Keep me updated as my memory is shot. Even my kids are telling me things that I have no memory of. This fatigue I've been experiencing is really messing me up. Good luck to you and hang in there. I'm impressed that your doc found all this. What you don't know can hurt you.

Love, Mikie