For Milo83~~~~~~

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kadywill, Oct 11, 2002.

1. kadywill

kadywill New Member

Hey!!
    What treatment are you using to treat your AIH??? Please see my post about my liver biopsy results today....I'd like some advice, please!!

Thanx bunches!
    Kady
  2. kadywill

kadywill New Member

Hey!!
    What treatment are you using to treat your AIH??? Please see my post about my liver biopsy results today....I'd like some advice, please!!

Thanx bunches!
    Kady
  3. Milo83

Milo83 New Member

Hi Kady,
    I also belong to a Hepatitis Forum, although most of the people on there are HepC patients, but there are a few AIH patients..
    Mostly everyone there that has AIH was started on a treatment consisting of Prednisone & Imuran..
    I started taking 30mg of Prednisone daily, and then once I was on the Prednisone for almost 2months, I was put on Imuran..I slowly started to come down off the Prednisone (my levels started to come down soon after taking the Prednisone for awhile)& was on Prednisone for a total of six months..I started my Imuran at 100mg daily..
    I keep getting labs done all the time..With my levels doing good, my gastro, had lowered my Imuran to 75mg daily, and now I'm down to 50mg daily..I see my gastro in Dec. and he MIGHT lower it to 25mg then..It is everyone's hope to be able to come off the Imuran completly..
    Since AIH is chronic and you will have it for life, you must be tested every couple of months..Some people are fortunate enough to go into remmission for years, while others will only go into remmission for months when taken off of all medication for AIH..
    **THIS IS IN NO WAY A DEATH SENTENCE...You just have to learn to adjust your life style a little..Drink plenty of water, get rest when tired, don't push yourself, eat healthy, etc..Basically you want to do the same thing you do for FMS..AIH patients often complain of muscle and joint pain too..
    Your dr is right, the less medication you take the better..Pain medication can really do a number to the liver..I was recently put on Ultracett due to severe neck and shoulder pain from an auto accident..My family physician said it would be "fairly" safe if only used when really needed..
    Also, NO ALCOHOL WHATS SO EVER!!!!
    I also have FM, Ostoarthritis, DDD, Raynold's Syndrome, just to mention a few..Also suffer from anxiety/depression long before being diagnosed with FM..I am able to take something for my OA, and my anxiety/depression..They just have to monitor me closely to make sure my liver enzymes stay within normal range..
    The drug you said you were to be put on is not familiar to me..
    Any questions, or any help I can give you, please let me know.......Take Care..........Donna

Here is the website for patient to patient on hepatitis:

medhlp.netusa.net/perl6/Hepatitis/wwwboard.html
    They also have a Gastro's Physcian Assistant on there that will answer questions for you..
    As far as the Hep D, I think my dr. once told me that it is usually found more in 3rd world countries, not too common in the USA.... Best of Luck
    [This Message was Edited on 10/11/2002]
    Fatigue is also a big problem for AIH patients..
    [This Message was Edited on 10/11/2002]