for my mother and father

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by NewEnglander, Apr 26, 2004.

1. NewEnglander

NewEnglander New Member

Hi there

please pray for my parents.

My mother Dorothy and my father Ben. Both struggling with bad health.

My father lost his sister to cancer yesterday and my mother's brother is losing his battle with cancer and is in agonizing pain.

Also my parent have to give up there home.
    It was there dream home, on the lake. we all grew up there.

My father does not want to move the elderly housing, its right in the city.

My father said the year he does not have a garden is the year he will die and that he is moving into an institution.

He has spent many days just sitting in his cabin and staring at the water. its a beautiful view.

and its breaking there hearts to give up everything they own.

my prayer is that when they move to there knew place that they will meet Christians who will bring them to Christ.

thank you
    love Lisa
  2. dash

dash New Member

Dear Lord, I ask that in this time of change, in the grief that they have for giving up their independence and their home, that they turn to you for solace and guidance.

Prepare a living situation for them that will meet their physical, emotional, and spiritual needs. Send Chrisitans to minister to them in their new home.

In Jesus name I pray,

Della
    [This Message was Edited on 04/27/2004]
  3. NewEnglander

NewEnglander New Member

thank you for praying for them, it gives me a lot of comfort

Love Lisa
  4. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

Praying for your parents and the rest of your family. I always think it is so heartbreaking when elderly people have to leave their home. It just is so sad and I pray God will ease your parents pain at having to do this.

Love and light,
    Sandy
  5. monkeykat

monkeykat Member

Hi Lisa,
    I prayed Della's prayer above b/c it was great:

Dear Lord, I ask that in this time of change, in the grief that they have for giving up their independence and their home, that they turn to you for solace and guidance.

Prepare a living situation for them that will meet their physical, emotional, and spiritual needs. Send Chrisitans to minister to them in their new home.

In Jesus name I pray,
    Kathy

6. NewEnglander

NewEnglander New Member

God Bless you for your prayer's

a couple of times my parents almost went in an ambulance because of chest pain due to the stress they are under and they felt better and did not have to go.

I really believe it was your prayers that helped them to sustain through all of this.

Love Lisa
    [This Message was Edited on 05/03/2004]