? for oxycontin users

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by seaview, Apr 13, 2003.

1. seaview

seaview New Member

After many years of using Vicodin my doctor is letting my try Oxycontin. I started at 20 mgs. twice a day. I did not suffer form any side effects but it also did not help at all. The doctor told me I could use vicodin as a brekthrough. I had to take it every afternoon, Needless to say, I have been in alot of pain since last week. He now upped my amount to 40 mgs twice a day. I now am very nauseous, jitterty, and hot and cold flashes.I still am in pain. He said to give it 4 more days to see if I needed to go higher on the dosage. I am a bit confused as I am not sure what the normal( I know everyone is different) amount it takes to get relief. Is the relief significant or does it just take the edge off.? Also, I am so tired. I feel like a walking Zombie most of the time. I have had to take a nap or I couldn't make it through the day and today I slept in until 1pm.I usually need a rest and lay on heating pad but this is a sleep now kind of thing. Any experience shared is so important to me. I also wonder if my body is going through withdrawalls since I dropped down to one a day. Thanks so much! Kathleen
  2. seaview

seaview New Member

3. seaview

seaview New Member

4. seaview

seaview New Member

5. seaview

seaview New Member

this board is moving so fast.....for those of you on ocycontin what dosage are you takin? I really appreciate your time and answers....kathleen
  6. Melbelle

Melbelle New Member

Hi--I'm a newbie and thjought that I could share my experience with oxycontin use as a pain reliever. I think that the general rule of thomb is when you are going to tke this medicine, it is better to take it on a preventative basis of ongoing pain rather than as an on-needed relief I have been using oxycontin alog with other drugs and upplements flor the last eight years, I know when I can stay on my smaller dosage and whe I need to take stronger dosages.. Although, my eventul goal is to feel wonderful enough that I do not need ay drugs, at all, I feel fortunate enough to keep exploring altrnative trements, until there are some better answers. I have a certiain protocal that I use now, and would be more than happy to share. I hope this helps a litle.t mediction. Good luck! Melbelle

[ advertisement ]