For people that Lyrica has helped. Did you ever take

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cjcookie, Jul 22, 2008.

1. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

Vicodin? Some people tell me that it makes them tired. With me, I get more energy and I attributed it to feeling better but that may not be the case. Lyrica works for me - just wondering if that's a coincidence or not. If Lyrica worked for you, are you a person that pain meds make you tired or have more energy?

2. Manaleon

Manaleon New Member

Lyrica tends to make me tired but it's done well in getting rid of the nerve pain. I never got the sleepy effects of pain meds either, instead I get bouts of insomnia. I like being awake, but the pain meds(vicodine, lortab, or percocet) make me so sick to my stomach I can't enjoy the time spent awake.

3. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

I take Lyrica and I also take Vicodin and Oxycontin. I haven't had any bad effects from this. I really don't get tired from pain meds.
  4. lillieblake

lillieblake New Member

Oh, I take lyrica on a daily basis in order to function. I occasionally take a pain medication (lodine) and WAM, ZOWIE, I feel great and can do anything.

Hope this helps.

5. ironspine

ironspine New Member

I take 200 mg Lyrica daily, and when it's not enough I take one Vicodin and then I'm happy. I've been able to go on vacation across country with my family, and work very part time because I have this combination of meds. Vicodin actually makes me a little hyper so it's a good thing! I'm lucky my doctor "allows" me to get Vicodin and gives me refills whenever. I'm not a person that gets hooked on meds, so it works for me!