For people who are too hot all the time

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by landra, Apr 20, 2008.

1. landra

landra New Member

I saw the post this morning, which reminded me that I have somethings that help! (I haven't been using them because I forgot!)

Do an internet search on BluBandoo. They make hats and neckkerchiefs with "beads" that you soak in water and it gradually releases the water to keep you cool. A friend told me that people with MS often are too hot from the neck up and when I was having hot flashes, suggested I try this. One of my brothers loves the baseball cap I got him.

Second, I asked at Vitamen Trader for something for overall pain. The product also works on the heat of inflammation. What I got is by New Chapter, and is called Zyflamend p.m., and does seem to help. I forgot it for a couple of days and was really hot all night. I don't know if ProHealth might have something similar - ingrediants are Holy Basil, Tumeric, Baikall Skullcapm Melissa, Chamomile, Hops, Ginger and Valerian.

Hope these ideas are some help.
  2. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

I just drip even if I do the least of projects some days. It is impossible for me to work outside in short sleeves at 69 degrees I just roast.

I wake up wringing wet at night when I am feeling really bad.

3. keeponkate

keeponkate New Member

seems that I experience severe sweating of face and scalp with almost any activity
    It is so embarrassing when out in public and start is so bad that I have to carry a colth with me in my purse. Anyone else have this problem? Any solutions?
  4. pam112361

pam112361 New Member

I've begun to refer to them as my "power surges" since I've been told I'm not near menopause. But yes, the least bit of activity and I'm literally sweating bullets.

I've even checked into possible Botox injections in my forehead/scalp to see if that helps. That'll have to wait until there's more money unless I can persuade insurance to cover it.

It's bad enough to feel the sweating start, be fanning and patting myself, and then have my husband say "stop that [fanning], you're embarrassing me and making me nervous." Nice guy!

5. donnadee

donnadee New Member

6. frosty77

frosty77 New Member

Weirdly, the first 15 years I had FM, I was always freezing (and, I also suspect I've had FM all my life so there's another 15 years of freezing). I got cold in Aruba. I used to wear gloves to work in summer and always wore a sweater or jacket - indoors. In winter I wore two sets of clothes to work - and I worked in an office. For the last 5 or so years I've beet HOT!

These days I keep a fan on in my office through November and I live in New England. I've been wearing short sleeves outside and it's only 56.

No clue what the answer is, but if anyone has suggestions for keeping cool, I'd love to hear them.
  7. terrisews

terrisews New Member

Hello, I'm new here and so far self diagnosed, going to dr tomorrow. My comment on being hot is that my kids call my house "The Igloo!"

Terri in TN
  8. Ginner

Ginner New Member

Some other hotties to talk to...yea

Well i have been hot for 10 12 yrs and have taken effexor 10 yrs...

I wonder if it is the effexor.

This HOT controls my life. I am soooo tired of it.

I am very ill all the time and in bed much of the time.

My head is hot, i breathe hot don't dinasours do

Since i had to quit work, hot being on reason, and i am home i can deal with it. but give me a day where i have to get out of my jammies and i an HOT and feel rotten.
    I had abd scans taken. I am hoping i find it has something to do with there that they can repair....
    thanks for the inf0
  9. hi all,

i tore up a old cotton sheet,made it into a neck scarf,and soak it in cold water.

ill then tie it around my neck on the hot weather days,and it keeps my head cool.and prevents any headaches.

if i need to lay down,ill put a bin liner bag on my pillow,and then a towel on top of that.

then ill lay with my head,and the wet scarf,on the pillow.this stops the pillow getting wet.