For people with IBS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TaniaF, Nov 12, 2002.

1. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

Do you think there is a connection with aches and pains when having an IBS bout. I was told that I had spastic colon in my 20's now 50. I get alot of gas cramping and sometimes when my stools go from normal to loose I get an ache in my waistline and ribcage. I attribute this to the muscles and ligaments used to defecate. Anyone else have this or any ideas why we get aches with IBS? I also get a little queasy in the stomach too on bad days.
    Tania
  2. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

Do you think there is a connection with aches and pains when having an IBS bout. I was told that I had spastic colon in my 20's now 50. I get alot of gas cramping and sometimes when my stools go from normal to loose I get an ache in my waistline and ribcage. I attribute this to the muscles and ligaments used to defecate. Anyone else have this or any ideas why we get aches with IBS? I also get a little queasy in the stomach too on bad days.
    Tania
  3. tes

tes New Member

I am fairly new with my ibs diagnosis. I have had fm for about 9 years now, and recently developed this wonderful symptom. I notice when I get constipated(I suffer more with this than diarrehea), my lower ribs hurt and so does my abnomen(around the belly button area). I also have alot of gas with this and I can actually feel the gas getting released from just under my breastbone area. Weird eh!! I do believe that it is the muscles as well. Hopefully someone else will have useful information for us. Take care. Also, the pain can get real bad at times

God Bless