For pepper re:benedryl...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pam_d, Oct 18, 2002.

1. pam_d

pam_d New Member

You mentioned having trouble with the color in the benedryl (in a response to another post). In the US, we have Benedryl Dye-Free, capsules that are free of dyes. You could check to see if they're available "north of the border". My daughter has the same problems with those pink & red dyes, so this is a great option. I wish other manufacturers of drug products made dye-free stuff!

Pam
  2. pam_d

pam_d New Member

You mentioned having trouble with the color in the benedryl (in a response to another post). In the US, we have Benedryl Dye-Free, capsules that are free of dyes. You could check to see if they're available "north of the border". My daughter has the same problems with those pink & red dyes, so this is a great option. I wish other manufacturers of drug products made dye-free stuff!

Pam
  3. pam_d

pam_d New Member

We almost moved there! My husband does consulting work for a large software maker there... beautiful city if you are there..!

Pam
  4. pepper

pepper New Member

Yes, I do live in Ottawa. It is a lovely city. I was born and raised here and plan on staying here. I've never found a place I would rather be - except maybe Hawaii :).

I don't think dye-free Benadryl is available here but I am going to check. There are so many things available in the U.S. that we can't get here. I see the commercials on TV and go looking for it and I'm told it isn't available in Canada. I think our market is just too small for a lot of these specialized things. It took years to get sugar-free products here. We used to cross the border and go to Watertown or Ogdensburg to get some of the things we couldn't get here.

You would have loved living in Ottawa. Lots of high tech and government but it has the feeling of a small town.
    It's nice talking to you! Pepper
  5. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I think of the US as having less in the way of medicine options & Canada as having lots of stuff that isn't FDA approved, or available only by prescription, here in the US. I grew up in Utica, NY-- Watertown was just a couple of hours north! My parents still live in Rochester. In Ottawa, it seemed like all the cable TV came from Rochester. Anyway, good to talk to you, too!

Pam