For pinkquartz...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by leokat, Apr 12, 2003.

1. leokat

leokat New Member

Hiya pinkquartz. :-}

So sorry to hear you’ve a lot on you mind right now. I only hope things start to pan out real soon. HUGS

Anyhow you asked about local groups in the message you posted in the thread ‘alone in Britain’. I don’t have any personal experience any of the groups I have posted details of below. (I simply lifted them from another site), sadly none are near enough for me to get to as I live in Yeovil and have no transport – besides a trip to the local shopping centre is about all I can handle. However, a doctor I saw recommended the Christchurch group.

DORSET FM groups:

CHRISTCHURCH & DISTRICT
    MRS BARBARA KERNAN
    74 ARNEWOOD ROAD, SOUTHBOURNE, BOURNEMOUTH, DORSET, BH6 5DN
    TEL: 01202 422431

POOLE AND DISTRICT HELPLINE
    ANNETTE BENNETT
    22 ORCHARD CLOSE, BLANDFORD FORUM, DORSET, DT11 8TE
    TEL: (01258) 455010

POOLE AND DISTRICT
    PAM BAILEY (GROUP LEADER)
    11 LYSTRA ROAD, MOORDOWN, BOURNEMOUTH, DORSET, BH9 3AZ
    TEL: 01202 241426

FIBROFUN
    MRS SUKY TATE
    25 GRENVILLE COURT, SOUTH ROAD, POOLE, DORSET, BH15 1PZ
    TEL: (01202) 240974 ~ Email: sukytate@hotmail.com

LYME REGIS
    The Lyme Bay Fibromyalgia Support Group
    RIFKA MAYERS
    2 HALLETT COURT, LYME REGIS, DORSET, DT7 3BL
    TEL: (01297) 445998 ~ Email: H.Mayers@care4free.net

I hope the above helps in some way. Oh and BTW I’m not expecting a reply to this. I know how every unnecessary exertion is a waste of precious energy.

Love
    Leo.

2. pinkquartz

pinkquartz New Member

actually i don't need to know cos i have no transport either !
    i wasn't being clear, i just meant there are FM groups and i don't know where they are, i am still not making sense. !!!
    its harder to write than to talk i find do you ?
    in fact the lyme regis group is not there any more. i did go a few times when i had a lift to get there, but i was still getting too tired. i don't get out much at all.
    which is one of the reasons i love coming to this board.

talk to you again i hope
    love
    pinkquartz
  3. leokat

leokat New Member

Sorry Pinkquartz. :-/

I don't think it was you (at least not just you) I didn't read your message properly. But hey I think I get what you mean now and apologise for thrusting info you neither want nor need on you.

Err I don't find any form of communication too easy right now. It's like stuff is straight inside my head but when it comes out its all muddled. For example I'll be thinking I need to mow the lawn but when I go to tell my daughter what I'm going to do it comes out 'I'm going to HOOVER the lawn'. I feel such a clutz but fortunately she seems to understand.

Typing is not so bad cos I can go back and edit if stuff is obviously wrong. The thing that bothers me about message boards is that it's all too easy to come across all wrong. Here we have none of the usual body language and facial expressions to convey context.

Talking is also quite exhausting for me if it involves having someone come over. I enjoy it and miss the social person I was before FM took over. I guess chatting on the 'phone is not so bad.

Thanks for the info about the Lyme Regis group. I'll take it off my copy of the local groups.

Bye for now
    Leo.