for Plantscaper from Tansy

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tansy, Aug 21, 2003.

1. tansy

tansy New Member

Hi there,

The heat's eased down and I have now started to recover from it's effects upon me, always takes time after anythng like that.

Like you I seem to be forever increasing my supps at the moment but I see this as a temporary thing, that as I progress I will be able to stop some and drop back to a maintenance level with others. Rather than feeling my body is stressed by it all, it now at long last feels less stressed and ready to cope with futher attempts are killing off pathogens and detoxifying.

I've been using cytolog and do not have the great benefits that Pat had but I think there's a subtle difference. To be honest I'm sure the low doses of hydrocortone have done more for me, I see this as a temporary measure but just knew my body was unable to cope with or adjust to anything so needed some real support. Having the saliva tests done was so worthwhile and my GP agreed to Madwolf's recommendations because I had also printed out Dr Sarah Myhill's info.

I do think that when we have been ill for decades it's going to take a long time reap benefits from some of these treatments, I felt as though my body was collapsing under the strain when I went into a downward spiral 5 years ago. I halted that before joining this board but now feel certain I've made some improvements despite the major set backs.

Interestingly Solgar's OLE is sold with the energy supps in one health store here. Hope you find a good substitute. I'm sure you've tried it before but if not have you thought of the very high allicin yield garlic supps. It's diffficult to eat that much raw garlic in a day but my son and I find it very useful.

As for the adrenal fatigue/exhaustion apart from any life stresses having been ill for that long with chronic infections is going to exhaust our adrenals, we now need to rest them then try to build them up again.

Good luck with it all

Love

Tansy
  2. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

Thanks for the nice long note...I will need to respond to it, tomorrow, though as I have had a long, sick week..as noted in some of my other posts..and I am feeling utter exhaustion, now..(was puking a lot, earlier in the week after stopping my OLE for too long, and experiencing a relapse)..Will talk to you later...

Plantscaper
  3. tansy

tansy New Member

at the moment and so please do not reply unless you actually want to.

I just felt it very important to balance some other advice you'd been given from the perspective of someone who's also been severely affected for over 2 decades. Also I wondered what you were trying to achieve from your substitutes for OLE because someone may come up with other alternatives you may not have tried yet.

Take care now

Love

Tansy

4. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

I now recouped much from earlier in the week...after being back on my OLE (seems to be my holy grail)! I think of you when I have had some low blood sugar bouts, lately..Yea, I definitely need to do that testing on the adrenals..and see if cortef (or some substitution of that) would help..I am happy to hear that you are benefiting from it..

Although, I could/would drop of few of my supplements (no proof of benefit on some), the vast majority of them have been picked due to all I have read on here and the library..I have seen some steady progress, although, not huge leaps..and have been using a lot of garlic (I use the raw cloves)..

GSE (Grapefruit Seed Extract) does reduce swollen feet, but it does not replace OLE, of which I have had most of my progress in health..I was trying to stay off OLE (so won't develop tolerance for it)..I have used Oregano Oil, too, as both of these are suppose to be antimicrobial treatments, however, are not nearly as effective for me..This break from the OLE was the worst I have ever experienced..I must have picked up either food poisoning or a virus at the same time..as I never relapsed like this before..

I believe, like you, that it will take some time to really reap bountiful health..though, as it took a long time to get here..Interestingly, many of these supplements are needed for restoring the adrenals..Have you read the new book, Adrenal Fatigue: The 2lst Century Stress Syndrome by James Wilson? It is one of the best I have read on the subject..

Well, hope the weather is kind,
    Take Care and thanks for the support,
    Plantscaper

[This Message was Edited on 08/22/2003]
  5. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

I forgot to ask about this..didn't you state, once, that Lumbrokinase may be more effective than Nattokinase? I have been putting that on the back burner, because I really did not think that I had significant hypercoagulation (not like Jelly)..

However, Madwolf indicated that swollen feet may be a symptom of that phenomenon, and I have been having problems with swollen feet this summer..still thinking about trying one of those products..

Thanks for your input,
    Plantscaper
  6. tansy

tansy New Member

I stoppped my antifungal med and went onto berberine complex. Very impressed with that herbal combination it's clearly treating more that just candida and is more effective than garlic. Some people believe it's as good, if not better, than difuclan.

I too have had problems with fluid particuarly in my very thin ankles, I do get a lot of blood pooling so I think it's down to that more than just the hypercoagulation. Temps going up again but not predicted to be as high as during last heatwave; since it's a bank (public) holiday weekend I had no plans to go anywhere, it gets too crowded for me.

There's debate as to whether lumbrokinase or nattokinase is better. Having researched this with my fogged brain I think lubrokinase is probably the most effective at breaking down fibrin but it supposed to be monitored by a doctor. I'm sticking to bromelain and digstive enzymes for now. Klutzo's mention of chondroitin to thin the blood might be worth considering too, it would make it a good substitue for heparin.

I think now the adrenal thing really started to kick in when I started my downward spiral 5 years ago. It certainly felt as though my body was trying to use adrenalin to compensate for other deficiencies and imbalances. I was not under any stress then but my female sex hormones were no doubt on their way down too. To be honest it felt as though my whole body was just worn out from all the years I'd been ill. Described it as feeling that every cell in my body was grinding to a halt. Now I feel as though there's just a hint of a spark there.

So pleased to hear that bad spell is over.

Love

Tansy

7. klutzo

klutzo New Member

I am not sure that Chondroitin would remove fibrin from arteries. I have heard nothing about this. Though it does thin blood, you would still need something to remove the fibrin. :)
    Klutzo