For Plantscraper

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by susabar, Feb 21, 2003.

1. susabar

susabar New Member

Hi there,
    I couldn't help notice your worse symptom was migraine. i also suffer from them.... I've always taken Fiorcet C for my migraines but within the last 9 months or so even that wouldn't help. I recently went to a new neurologist and he gave me samples of Amerge. It stops my headache DEAD in it's tracks. The first couple of times I took it it helped the headache but made me feel " weird" . But I noticed the last couple of times I used it , it just got rid of the headache... I hope you can try it, and I hope you have as much success as I have had.
    Good Luck
    Love Sue
  2. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

Thanks for the info..I can always use new approaches..I have been trying to find a preventative med, because of the frequency of my migraines..sometimes daily and intensely triggered by allergies and menstrual cycle. Imitrex works, but I know that it's not good to take it often, since it can cause rebound headaches..I have been trying to use Topamax for prevention, but cannot increase dosage more than 25mg due to the extreme fatigue as a side effect..Do you use anything for prevention? I appreciate your concern and responsiveness. LOL, AMELIA
  3. susabar

susabar New Member

sounds like you have them really bad!!! I get headaches now 2x monthly, but they last for about 3 days each. I tried to take inderal years ago as a preventative thing but it didn't work... also imitrex , maxalt, just about everything I tried didn't work. So for years I have been taking Fioricet C. when I get a head ache and if that doesn't work I take Vicodin with it, if all else fails I go to the emergency room and they knock me out!!! Like I said when this new neurologist gave me samples of Amerge I thought yea ok, we'll see. And it worked !!! So don't give up... Migraines really stink. Some say after you go through the change they get better... Let's hope
    Love Sue
  4. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

Elavil seems like a miracle drug for you..I wish it worked for me like that, but I have tried it and it doesn't affect me at all..I have had better results with Doxepin, altho, it doesn't help me nearly as well as, for example, Wellbutrin which is giving me much more energy and seems to be helping me go through Perimenopause..So far, I haven't found the right med for prevention of migraines, which are so bad because my allergy symptoms are not under control at all..(but that article on the subject from Carla-nl from the Mayo Clinic is right on target).. Where is Carla..is she from Lapland? I need to find out which Mayo Clinic is working on Chronic Sinusitis..I haven't heard from her since she put that on the internet... AMELIA