For Shirl about the Hydrogen Peroxide.....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kadywill, Oct 31, 2002.

1. kadywill

kadywill New Member

My Rheumy wants to know what benefit the peroxide has with the Epsom Salts in the tub...can you advise me please so that I can educate my doc? He laughed at me...I hate that! And.... it was in front of my husband! They think I'm crazy!
    Love,
    Kady
  2. kadywill

kadywill New Member

My Rheumy wants to know what benefit the peroxide has with the Epsom Salts in the tub...can you advise me please so that I can educate my doc? He laughed at me...I hate that! And.... it was in front of my husband! They think I'm crazy!
    Love,
    Kady
  3. AnnetClo

AnnetClo New Member

when I told him I tried that. He said he had heard about Epsom Salt but now with the peroxide.
  4. tandy

tandy New Member

I'm not shirl but......as far as I know,the peroxide opens pores and allows the toxins to be released.I do the epsom/peroxide baths once in a while.
    I might be wrong on this.....lets see what everyone else says~(I hope I'm at least on the right track....I hate being made a ditz!LOL)
    Best regards,
    Tracey
  5. tandy

tandy New Member

For Shirl to get a word in~we just value your opinion!
    Thanks!
  6. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I have been laughed at too with this one, but I tried it anyway, and it sure does help.

I was first told to do this by a doctor, then I found a book on Peroxide, here is what the book says;

'The hydrogen peroxide which you find at your drug store counter is 3% concentration and is fine for external use, but contains preservatives and stabilizers which shoud NOT be ingested orally. Thus you can use this to add to your bath water(from one pint to one quart, depending on your need or desire) but should NOT attempt to drink it. And while we are on this subject, I would like to encourage you to try a bath in this oxygen-rich substance. It invigorates. It relieves pain. It stimulates your mind. It reduces stiffness and soreness like no other treatment. We give all our patients a whirlpool bath with the equivalent of one gallon of 3% in it every other day. Some might like to do this early in the day because it can be very invigorating and you won't want to go to bed right afterward.

Taken from the book: 02, 02, 02, Oxygen' by; 'Kurt W. Donsbach D.C,,Ph.D.

The difference that I do is mix three cups of Epson Salts with the peroxide, in water as warm as I can stand, which causes a weakness, so I go to bed afterwards for at least a half hour.

I hope this helps, I know according to exact science, this does not work, but it works for me!

I have been using this bath now for close to 20 years, and it never failed to help when I am in a flare, or just tired and need a little help. Its not a cure, but it is temporary relief.

If you have sore muscles from over work or exercise, it will help you feel good the next day.

Shalom, Shirl
    [This Message was Edited on 11/01/2002]
  7. domesticgoddess

domesticgoddess New Member

I use 3 cups of both with hot water in my tub
    every other night. Also, by drinking several
    glasses of water after bath, it aids in drawing
    out the toxins.

I honestly can feel little bubbles coming out of
    my shoulders, my hips & my toes.

Gentleness