? for Shirl, Mikie, or Madwolf

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by granmakitty12, May 3, 2003.

1. granmakitty12

granmakitty12 New Member

I am thinking of taking some of the supplements that you talk about. That is the Pro Energy,ZMA, Probiotics
    or possibly the Olive Leaf Extract.
    I know how knowledgable so many people on this board; so you would be the best to ask.
    The main question is can I take these supplements with the
    present medications that I am taking, which are:
    amitriptyline,
    carisoprodol (muscle relaxer)
    paxil
    premarin
    synthroid

Thank you for all the wonderful advice given on this board.We all really appreciate it. Granmakitty
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

As for as I know, it should not be a problem taking the Pro Energy, ZMA or the probiotics with any of the meds, as they are all natural supplements.

The only suggestion I would make is not to take the Pro Energy and the ZMA with calcium/milk products. Space the calcium/milk products by a few hours between the other two.

I only take Xanax, so I really don't know about the other meds.

I know the others will offer their advice soon too.

Good luck.

Shalom, Shirl
  3. klutzo

klutzo New Member

She is right about keeping the calcium containing products away from the ZMA.
    "Natural" does not necessarily mean safe, but in this case I think it's OK! However, I do not know what carisoprodol is, so I cannot say regarding that one.
    If you want to be extra cautious, and have not recently had blood tests to see how your kidneys are functioning, it wouldn't be a bad idea to have them, since magnesium is a no-no for anyone with kidney problems.
    Klutzo
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

On an empty stomach. Hormones should also be taken on an empty stomach. Don't take minerals with some medications like antibiotics. It will tell on the meds if this is a problem. Don't take calcium with ZMA but be sure to take it during the day. If you take it with meals, it will help excrete phosphate debris through the intestines.

I'm not a medical professional, so I hate to advise on combining med with supplements. Perhaps one of our medical people will come along.

Love, Mikie
  5. granmakitty12

granmakitty12 New Member