For Shirl

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Solstice, Apr 29, 2003.

1. Solstice

Solstice New Member

Hi Shirl,

I noticed on another post that you take a "formula for deep sleep". Can you please tell me what that is and how effective it is for you. After 22 years, I still have not found something to help me sleep well, but I have only tried a few things. If you found something that is natural, that is very encouraging to me, as I have decided to not take any meds, and only what I can do that is natural. At least that is my hope.

Thanks Shirl.

Blessings,

Solstice
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Sorry it took so long to answer you. I have been off the board a few days.

I take ZMA (zinc, magnesium, and vitamin B-6). I have been taking this now since Feb. 2002. It took about 10 days to really help, but I am now sleeping at least 7-8 hours every night, deeply. First time in my life.

But I also take;

0.25 milligrams of Xanax at 6pm for racing brain syndrome. This is the only time I take Xanax, unless I am having a panic attack.

I also take 3 milligrams of Melatonin right before bed to help me fall asleep.

Both of these supplements can be bought here at Pro Health. The ZMA is a product of the 'SNAC' company. Other brands do not work for me. If you get yours from a health food store, please be sure its the SNAC brand.

The only med I take is the Xanax. I know what you mean about the sleeping. Its been a serious problem for me all my life.

HOpe this helps, and again I am sorry it took so long to answer you.

Shalom, Shirl