? for someone who has sponsored a FM support group

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by AnnetClo, Jun 16, 2003.

1. AnnetClo

AnnetClo New Member

Hi everyone
    I know I read somewhere that one of you guys sponsored/hosted a support group. Hubby and I are moving in a couple weeks back to our hometown. Only about 25 miles from Charlotte, but thousands of miles difference in what is offered. I have checked to see if there is a FM/CFS support group there and of course there isn't, so I'm thinking of starting one. I'm not normally a "leader" type person, but I've got to do something positive with this DD. If I don't I feel like I'm going to lose my mind. And in the process, maybe I could help someone else.

For that person, whose name I can't recall, I would love to ask some questions about how to get started, what do you do at the meetings, etc, etc. If you prefer "talking" by email rather than the board, I'm going to put my email addy in my profile. By of course, I would love suggestions from everyone, whether or not you've ever hosted or even attended a support group. Like what would you expect from a support group? Guest speakers? Pamplets with info? ??? Any help at all would be appreciated.

I know a lot of people in Gastonia, so finding a location for the group wouldn't be a problem at all. And I know a lot of the docs, but I would have to check and see if any of them know beans about FM/CFS.

Thanks a bunch and sending soft hugs
    Annette
  2. AnnetClo

AnnetClo New Member

Just bumping before it rolls over.

Hugs
    Annette