for Tgirl

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sheri, Nov 16, 2002.

1. sheri

sheri New Member

Hello;

Read your message on anxiety,and yes, I have it too. Seems mine got much worse in late 40's, but have had it as long as I can remember. Just didn't medicate for it. Finally, went on Xanax, around the time I had a car accident, could have been a little before, due to so much going on, work, peri-menopause. Found out it help some with the fibro too, and some doc's prescribe that for it. I know it is habit forming, but I will always have to take my blood pressure medicine and I don't abuse the xanax. I take it as prescribed. I wake up with it. I don't appologize for taking it, God knows my history (life) and it helps me. I am thankful for it. ( My Minister has to take it too, and he is also thankful ). There are lots of ways of coping and I use those too, but yes, I have anxiety and take med.
    Just read my post and what I wake up with is anxiety. Did this before I went on a mild tranquilizer. My dosage is not upped but at crisis times(not fibro) I may take an extra with the Doctors awareness. Sorry you are suffering from it
    and will feel better, blessings, sheri
  2. sheri

sheri New Member

Hello;

Read your message on anxiety,and yes, I have it too. Seems mine got much worse in late 40's, but have had it as long as I can remember. Just didn't medicate for it. Finally, went on Xanax, around the time I had a car accident, could have been a little before, due to so much going on, work, peri-menopause. Found out it help some with the fibro too, and some doc's prescribe that for it. I know it is habit forming, but I will always have to take my blood pressure medicine and I don't abuse the xanax. I take it as prescribed. I wake up with it. I don't appologize for taking it, God knows my history (life) and it helps me. I am thankful for it. ( My Minister has to take it too, and he is also thankful ). There are lots of ways of coping and I use those too, but yes, I have anxiety and take med.
    Just read my post and what I wake up with is anxiety. Did this before I went on a mild tranquilizer. My dosage is not upped but at crisis times(not fibro) I may take an extra with the Doctors awareness. Sorry you are suffering from it
    and will feel better, blessings, sheri
  3. tgirl

tgirl New Member

Thank you Sheri, for your post. And of course to everyone else who answered my question. For now the anxiety is not a constant problem, I'll keep an eye on it and at least I know there are medications for it. Not that I can take medication, alas it all makes me worse. It was pretty scary to have this appear out of nowhere, not knowing if it was CFS related or what.

Tgirl