For the Canadian in all of us

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by concretegirl, Jan 18, 2006.

1. concretegirl

concretegirl New Member

24 things CANADIANS can be proud of

1.Smarties & Coffee Crisp
    2.CFL: A bigger football
    A bigger field
    And ONE less down
    3.Baseball MADE IN CANADA
    4.Lacrosse MADE IN CANADA
    5.Hockey MADE IN CANADA
    6.Basketball MADE IN CANADA
    7.Tim Hortons
    8.The Electron microscope MADE IN CANADA
    9.In the was of 1812 (started by Americans), Canadians pushed the Americans back … past their ‘White House’… and then burned it with most of Washington. This was done under the command of William Lyon Mackenzie who was insane and hammered at the time. Go figure.
    10.MR. DRESSUP
    11. Canada has the largest English population that has never ever surrendered of withdrawn from any war with anyone, anywhere. EVER.
    12.Canada has the largest French speaking population that never surrendered tp Germany.
    13.The creator of Superman, Canadian.
    14.One word :IMAX (Nuff said)
    15.The Hudson Bay Company once owned over 10% of the Earth’s surface and is still around as the world’s oldest company.
    16.The 1st use of a telephone EVER was in Brantford, Ontario.
    17.Insulin MADE IN CANADA
    18.Canada’s civil was only lasted about an hour. The only person arrested was an American mercenary who slept through the whole thing and arrived just in time to get caught. Once again William Lyon Mackenzie (who was insane and hammered at the time) was involved. Go figure.
    19.The CN tower is the tallest freestanding structure in the world.
    20.Canada’s beer, and perhaps more importantly, beer commercials are some of the finest in the worlds
    21.Coloured money
    22.Baby food, more direct Pabulum. MADE IN CANADA
    23.Standard Time MADE IN CANADA
    24.Canada also invented jet-skis, ski-duos, zippers, the space shuttle arm and short-wave radio.

We are the first nation of peacekeeping, the most ethnically diverse country in the world, and enjoy the world’s largest coastline.

Not bad for the great white north, EH?

And to add to the fun, what your compture does when yor gone or asleep

go here http://www.justracin.net/is.swf

And please I don't make these up, I just report them
  2. CooBax

CooBax New Member

Very cute.........canada rocks eh? Remember...dont forget to vote on Monday!!

Lesley
  3. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

Not to raise the ire of our cousins down south, but my best chuckles were from those (good natured, I'm sure) jabs at said cousins. Like the commander who was always insane and very drunk at the time, heh.

I hope no americans were offended in the reading of this Canadian biased funny.

Jeanne-in-Canada-eh
  4. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

LOL! What else do we have to do on those long cold winter nights?
    Raz
  5. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

Hey.. I guess you didn't see we got pushed off the tallest structure catagory .. the CN Tower is not the highest any more .. I think it is something in Asia ? Japan ? ... but at least ours will STAY UP .. Toronto hasn't had too many earth quakes as far as I know ? hahaha
    So glad to be CANADIAN EH !!! .. even better .. a Maritimer rocks !!!
    Fudge : )
    PS .. when we were stationed in the Netherlands they absolutely LOVED us .. we watched Americans try to fade in our crowd when we travelled and put maple leafs on their luggage .. napsacks .. etc ... always extending a helping hand to our neighbors !
    PPSS No offence to anyone !! haha