for the first time...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lynn3811, Aug 15, 2008.

1. lynn3811

lynn3811 New Member

I ran into a nurse that was rude to me on the phone. I have VA (veterans admin) and was trying to get my Lyrica and vicodin refilled. Told her about the Lyrica( was ok) then told her I needed to refill the vicodon. I'm not even out of them, but she had this huge sigh, and said, "You should be able to handle this pain without this drug". My mouth fell open, then to keep my temper from getting the best of me, I just said Thank You, and hung up. Never before have I encountered this kind of nastiness, and it has kinda floored me.
  2. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Hi,
    Wow,
    What a witch that nurse is! What is it to her what you take? That is so stupid! I hope for your sake she did get your presction filled! And I hope you don't have to deal with her again in the future!

Best of luck,
    Kellyann
  3. kellygirl

kellygirl Member

Not only is she rude, she is totally unprofessional. She should learn to keep her comments to herself.

If you want to go that route, report it to the administrator. The VA does want feedback from their clients I believe. I think there is an extension that you should be able to complain to.
  4. lynn3811

lynn3811 New Member

by now. I had a dr. in auburn that was a totally useless waste of medical space. He didnt catch my gall bladder. When i went into office of va clinic and said i have to see dr now, is emergency, he finally listened , I had surgery,

Surgeon said he had to almost use a spoon to get out gall bladder, it was so diseased. If it burst, i would have died, cuz there would be no time to get me to hosp. (live 45min away from hosp).

I've had my share of incomptent docs thru the va, but but he was the worst. Now iv'e got docs who try and are listening to me. To point. But I am grateful for the coverage. We run a renagade Harley repair shop, and this is the only coverage we have.
  5. SpecialK82

SpecialK82 New Member

I'm always amazed by how insensitive some of the medical profession can be.

I went the the doctor's office recently because I had been so tired I had been sleeping for a few days staight without doing much else and I was scared.

The nurse asked me why I was there, and I told her that I was so tired that I couldn't wake up, that I've just been sleeping for 2 days - she says to me - "Oh, I wish I could do that!"

Can you believe it! I was so stunned I didn't say anything back.

Kristina