for the girls = breast pain?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by phenom, Feb 4, 2003.

1. phenom

phenom New Member

does anyone else get sharp stabbing pains in their breasts? i also get chest pain sometimes, but mostly its actually in the soft tissue of my breasts. its not always in the same spot, happens in both breasts, sometimes from the nipple to the centre of my body or from one side to the other. its so bad that i noticeably flinch and huddle over sometimes.... i'm quite a 'big' girl, don't know if it has anything to do with that or not tho... any stories would be appreciated.

phenom
  2. lunabella

lunabella New Member

my boobs have been SOOOO sore lately, along w/ the rest of me feeling worse than usual. of course they are usually a little sore the week or so before my cycle, but nothing like this! just more part of the weirdness i guess....

~lunabella
  3. lmn

lmn New Member

I get both sharp pains and overall tenderness. The sharp pain always comes and goes. The overall tenderness is there almost always, but is pretty severe just before and during my period. It has something to do with fibrocystic tissue, which is quite prevalent among those of us with FM.

My dr. does her annual check during my gyn physical as well as a mammogram. I also perform monthly self checks. They haven't found anything out of the ordinary since they first started about 5 years ago with the exception of some cysts that wax and wane with my cycles. So far the only advice I've received is cut out the caffeine and the chocolate.

Phenom, be sure to have your breasts checked out. Maybe your dr. can shed a little more light on it.

Take care,
    laura
  4. 2girls

2girls New Member

Hi Phenom -

I only get breast pain in my left breast - stabbing, throbbing etc. I recently had a mammogram and all is well. Probably the fibro..

2girls
  5. PAT

PAT New Member

I've never had a mammogram, but my doc has asked me too. The pain is strange, I never thought to ask if it was FM related. Patti G
  6. Karen M

Karen M New Member

I have had them too, but I am also kind of big, especially in that area. I am also at menapausal age (hope I spelled that right) so I just figured that it might have something to do with that. If you are close to that time in your life, you might want to see your doctor about it.

Good luck!

Karen M.
  7. mamafrey1

mamafrey1 New Member

Have it, in fact just went to the dr. a couple of weeks ago for it. I thought maybe it was due to maybe early menopause. They didn't think so. For the last three or 4 months the pain feels like mastitise (spelling wrong heehee) but also the itching around the nipple area is terrible. They thought maybe dry skin, who knows. I just wonder if this has anything due to the FMS. Does anyone else have the terrible itching?
  8. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

I've been getting these pains lately too, and was going to ask you gals about it. I think it must be part of FM and/or peri-menopause??

Marilyn :)
  9. bre_ann

bre_ann New Member

AND intense itching sometimes as well.
  10. lea

lea Member

I used to think it was my heart (also felt in chest), then my breast. In the past year or so, I've been told costochondritis.

Good luck

best,
    lea
  11. yayapriestess

yayapriestess New Member

I too have had breast pain and have costchondritis, but lately have had tenderness in both nipples.
    I also have had increased pain and fatigue so figure I am in a flare, another symptom to tell me in flare is olfactory hallucinations, I smell things 0thers don't and it drives me mad. Have to say the nipple tenderness is a new symptom, oh what fun we have discovering all the things that go with our afflicitons.I have been out of anti-depressant for 3 days and in nicotene withdrawlal for 21 days so hard to tell what is really going on, I can only say it is really bad and I hate it and hate being sick.
    Dumping now, so will say bye........good luck
    [This Message was Edited on 02/04/2003]
  12. srosepetal77

srosepetal77 New Member

i have it alot for a reason don't know but i had a tubal and every since then have had probs for the last three day days have been in alot of pain but i try to ignore it and where sports bras which that helps a little but not much
  13. ejay

ejay New Member

i just turned 40 had hysterectomy at 25 in last 15 mnths started producing clear and yeolowish discharge from breast which i might add have gone up 2 sizes [no complaints from hubby]everytime i ask dr they put me off as if nothing.i am so sore around pms time since i still have slice of right ovary and am produceing what resembles milk lets send it to starving nation! AT LEAST I WILL I HAVE DONE SOMTHING USEFUL BESIDES ACHE FOR NOTHING.ejay
  14. phenom

phenom New Member

it must be a FMS thing after reading your stories. as a matter of interest, i'm only 21 and the pain doesn't seem to be related to my cycle. will see my doc about it - they've been closed over the christmas period and i'm going mad without my pain meds! thanks again.

phenom