For The Ladies Best Bra?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by pat460, Apr 22, 2007.

1. pat460

pat460 New Member

I am so sick of wearing crappy bras! I'm a size D cup, almost 42 years old, and gravity has been working overtime because I often go without a bra at home. I've tried all kinds and all prices($5 - $30)but still can't find a decent one. So I thought maybe I was just wearing the wrong size. Then I tried all kinds of ways to measure and that didn't help either. I want a bra that feels like a second skin and one that I can forget I even have it on. I have a bad back, sensitive skin(FMS you know), find lace uncomfortable, and need extra support. Any advice ladies?

Thanks, Pat
  2. Mini4Me

Mini4Me New Member

Actually I have the opposite problem.
    I'm a 34A and although the bras fit around my chest, the cups are too big and curmple! I can't find any 34AA's! I've tried the sports bras, but they just squish me even more!

Wish I could help you out, Pat.
    I hate going braless at age 57. Even though I don't have much, what I do have tends to sink with gravity as you mentioned.
  3. littleleafhopper

littleleafhopper New Member

Hi Pat,

I don't know if this will help but I remembered that Oprah did a whole show on bras. It might just be in her archives on her web site. Hope that helps.

Good Luck,
  4. pat460

pat460 New Member

Somehow I knew I wouldn't be the only one with this problem! I'll definitely check out your suggestions as I would hate to one day be hefting these things up just to cross my knees! LOL!

Mini4me; I never thought about having the opposite problem. I guess that would be aggravating too. Maybe Oprah or Victoria will help you as well.

Thanks again, Pat
  5. Marta608

Marta608 Member

... but the best bra is one that fits.

Go to a good department store who has a fitter and have them measure you and recommmend a good style. It's worth the energy and time.

Good luck.

6. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

in my opinion are made by Rigby & Peller, english company, makes the queen's bras. They are very expensive but can be found on ebay or in sales. I've tried loads of others but these are the best for comfort and support. I have bras that fit perfectly but they dont give decent support.

[This Message was Edited on 04/24/2007]
  7. Suzan

Suzan New Member

Is go get measured by someone that really knows what they are doing. Any upscale store, like Neiman Marcus, Macy's etc should have a good bra person on staff. They will not only measure you correctly, but help you choose bra's that help you stay comfortable as well.
  8. I like the Just my size Bra myself and they are reasonably priced, Kmart, meijers sell them .
  9. pat460

pat460 New Member

Wow! I wasn't aware that department stores even had fitters! That's exactly what I need! I thought the very rich were the only ones who had fitters and that shore ain't me. LOL! I will definitely do some checking. Wouldn't mind paying more for a good quality, well fitting, and adequately supportive bra. I've already wasted hundreds on the other kind.

Fibrobutterfly; Just My Size and Playtex are the best I've found but they still aren't quite the right fit for me. Thanks though.

I appreciate every response! Pat
  10. mujuer

mujuer New Member

I have tried soooo many bra's over the years and found that by using a professional bra fitter really helps. If you find a good bra that fits and you still like it after a couple of weeks, go back and buy more. They change styles way to often.

When my fibro is in my ribcage area I resort to sports bra's or cami's with bra's built in. Wish I had snap on boob's and could just take the girls off and on as I wish!!!
  11. Engel

Engel New Member

and had 11 kids (all breast fed). She died at age 86 and had a pretty darn good body at that age. My Mom said Grandma (and her sisters) bound their breasts somehow. Maybe that is the secret? This was my Dad's Mom. My poor Mother was very saggy when she died at age 74. I am a DD so I will probably end up looking like the old granny in the Playboy cartoons ... lol. I have FMS.
  12. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

I have the worst time finding bras!

No matter how much I weigh I still am way out of proportion. Right now I wear a 36DDD.

If you are willing to spend a little money Ive heard that Wacoal bras are great and they go up to the OMG sizes! You need to go to Macys or somewhere like a high end store like Bloomies or Neimans though to get one. Im really thinking of it.

Also, although I dont shop in Lane Bryant, they do have a good selection of bigger sized bras also and they usually have a deal like buy 2 get one free or something like that. For now Im wearing Bali that I got at some Marshalls or TJ Maxx somewhere.