For Those Already On Disability...Backpay???????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BLUEROSE7, Sep 19, 2005.

1. BLUEROSE7

BLUEROSE7 New Member

For you all, that have been approved and have been on Disability.(I have already been approved)

How long did it take for you to recieve your Backpay money?????

I have already begun recieving my monthly disability checks, but I have not recieved my backpay as of yet.

I have already gotten one montly check and about to get my second montly check already but my backpay has not been deposited yet.

I have called twice already and spoken with the guy whom, I have always dealt with at the SS office. He has assured me not to worry(im a worry wort) that may backpay should come at any time.

He said it was already at the payment center and all they needed to do was go ahead and depsoit it....but thats been a good 3 or 4 weeks ago and he said it shouldnt be no more then 10 days and its been another month already. I called and left a message for him today to give me a call back again.

Thanks for all replys!!
  2. justlooking

justlooking New Member

I received my backpay 60 days after the receipt of my fully favorable letter. It then was another 60 days before I received my first months check.

Hopefully it will get cleared up for you soon.

JL

BTW I didn't have it direct deposited, I had the check mailed to me, so it may be a different process. [This Message was Edited on 09/19/2005]
  3. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

probably more paperwork-they said mine would come next month
  4. nje

nje New Member

HI AND CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR WINNING DISABILITY BENEFITS. I HAD A LAWYER WHO TOOK CARE OF EVERYTHING,IT WAS 30 DAYS AFTER MY FULLY APPROVED LETTER BEFORE I GOT MY BACKPAY,WHICH WAS A WONDERFUL GIFT,THEN THE VERY NWXT MONTH I STARTED DRAWING MY CHECK. IT GOES DIRECTLY IN THE BANK,THATS THE BEST WAY.THAT WAY YOU DON`T HAVE TO WAIT ON THE MAIL AND MAKE SURE NO ONE ELSE GETS IT,UNLESS YOU HAVE A PO BOX. HON, I KNOW HOW HAPPY YOU MUST BE, IF IT DOESN`T COME SOON,KEEP RAGGING THEM. THATS YOUR MONEY,THEY SHOULD NOT KEEP HOLDING IT. YOU DIDN`T SAY IF YOU HAD A LAWYER BECAUSE IF YOU DO, HE COULD HURRY THEM UP SOME.
    WHEN I GOT MINE STARTED I WAS ON TOP OF THE WORLD AFTER BEING WITHOUT MONEY (EXCEPT WHAT MY HUBBY MAKES)FOR A YEAR OR MORE. I ALWAYS LIKED HAVING MY OWN MONEY EVEN THO MY HUBBY IS GOOD ABOUT MONEY AND ALL.THATS WHY IT HURT TO HAVE TO GIVE UP MY JOB. BUT ITS ALL GOOD AS THEY SAY. GOOD LUCK
    ((((HUGS))))) NJE

Sorry about the caps
    i keep forgetting[This Message was Edited on 09/19/2005]
  5. BLUEROSE7

BLUEROSE7 New Member

Justlooking~~Thanks, I will have to look, maybe it will be exactly 60 days from when I recived my offical letter in the mail. I had found out I was approved on July 13th, but did not recieve my offical letter until several weeks later. So hopfully, it want be but a couple more weeks at the most. All these tests I have had done here recently, are waiting to be paid..lol Yea I'm having mine directly deposited. Kinda funny how everyone receives it all differently, I'm already getting ready to get my 2nd reg. montly check.~Hugs~

Francey~~ Thanks hun....Maybe I'll get my backpay within a few days of my 2nd regular Disability check this month then.....That will be about 60 days im thinking sence recieveing my offical letter. ~Hugs~

lovethesun~~ Thanks for the reply!! I won at the reconsideration stage....But im sure it will come along soon (I hope) I'm just a worry wort is all and in need of paying for some recent test I had done. You know how quick they are to send out those Doc/test bills..lol ~Hugs~

Thanks
    Hugs
    Bluerose
  6. BLUEROSE7

BLUEROSE7 New Member

I won at the reconsideration stage back in July, without a lawyer. I have already recieved my first montly check in August and getting ready to recieve my second one for this month...Just still waiting on the Backpay...

But as others have said my backpay will probably be exactly 60 days from when I received my offical letter.

Kinda funny..how everyone recieves there money differently, some get the backpay first and others there reg check first...lol

Thanks Again...
    Hugs
    Bluerose

P.S. I get have mine direct deposit too, much easier and less worry about it in the mail!!
    [This Message was Edited on 09/19/2005]
  7. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i had my hearing 7/8/04, got the letter from juges decsion october, then i recived the money 1/20/05, lump sum for myself.

now i amwaiting for the apportationment of my son's. i had to get my congressman invloved so we'll see what will happen, then they said the mad an overpayment to me. so that was olding my open case up to get approved for ssdi again. my firtst case was a closed case so i didn't even get to use my medicare card cause the expired on th e hearing date and i could do a trial work period, witch i did but it was not formal because of the closed case decsion. so hopefully i will hear something really soon in my favor would be great. so i took me 4 and hal months to see check into my account. then they owe about 13,000 for my son's back pay. just no confidence in the feds here.

jodie
  8. natrlvr2

natrlvr2 New Member

I got my backpay through SSI(even though I was to be getting SSDI,long story) My back pay came in about 2 months,but I was only 'allowed' half of it.I could not get the 2nd half for 6 months. And I HAD to spend ALL of it or they would not send me the rest.So here I am totally broke and not surviving on my monthly checks that are too small.