? for those getting SSDI

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mrs. B, Jul 16, 2003.

  1. Mrs. B

    Mrs. B New Member


    I was wondering if the amt. you get is the amt. that you would have gotten at age 65 (like on the paper they send once a year)and if it is taxed.

  2. Dara

    Dara New Member

    and was sent a form to have federal income tax withheld from it. It was a choice, you could have it deducted now or pay at the end of the year. We have a state income tax also, but didn't receive anything from the state department of revenue.

  3. elaine_p

    elaine_p New Member

    You should get a statement from Social Security every year or two. That shows your benefits, both for retirement and for disability (and I think a couple other things, which I always ignore).

    Based on what I've paid into SS, I'll get about $400 more per month for disability than I'll get at 65 for retirement.

    I don't think SS *retirement* benefits are taxable (my mom doesn't even file tax returns anymore because she doesn't pay any tax).
    [This Message was Edited on 07/16/2003]
  4. Mrs. B

    Mrs. B New Member

    but, I'm still not sure of the answer. Does anyone else have info for KY SSDI?

  5. zggygirl

    zggygirl New Member

    If you want to know how much you would get you can call your local SSD office and they can tell you on the spot.
  6. janet38

    janet38 New Member

    i am applying for disability.however they sent me to a psch and now amily med .is there any hope..........i am treated with lupus that has attacked my organs .congested heart failure ,hypertension,fibro.and depression.......help