for those of you that read my story...... re: son

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lynncats, Sep 10, 2009.

1. lynncats

lynncats New Member

Hi all. I'm sitting here getting ready for bed, and I justed needed to get something off my chest.....tomorrow is my grandson's first b-day.

as some may know, me and DH have been disowned. Long, Long sad story. I just can't believe it has been a year. I sent him (grandson) a card and a Toy's R us certificate, and also mentioned in the card that we started a savings bond collection. Just wanted to vent, as this is killing me. I'm not even sure that they will open the card, or just throw it out. I do not trust my DIL.

Being disowned, and not being able to see your only child/grandson, is something I would never imagine. Thanks everyone.....Take care!!!

HUGS

LYNN

P.S. I still think this crap is some type of "brainwashing".
  2. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

I don't really know what to say, except that I feel so bad for you. I hope and pray that something will change, and soon. {{{{Lynn}}}}
  3. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

I too have been disowned, mainly because of my dil.
    it's going on 3 years now, since i have talked to her at all, which is fine with me

what is not fine, is that my son, is just to busy to visit me or even call.
    on mothers day, he did send flowers, so i had hopes that we were making some progress.

but haven't heard a word from him since.
    they spend time with her family, which totally ticks me off, but i guess they are able to go places,

what is wrong with visiting, for an hour or so with me at home, a lot cheaper that going to a restruant, and sitting there while everyone eats, and then we go our own way.

i don't eat much, one of my weird ways, i guess according to my dil.

sorry to vent, on your vent, ;0]

just hits a sore spot, i know it must break your heat also.
    i hope that things will improve some day, for all of us who have had the heartache of our familes , and friends , who don't understand, or have any compassion for us.

take care,
    sharonk
  4. debilyn

debilyn New Member

I'm so sorry that you're going through this. I do remember your story--son moved in with wife's parents right?

I think it's a great thing that you did by sending a card and gift certificate. I truly believe that at some point your son will realize that what they are doing is so bad for his son. And he will apologize and ask you to be in his son's life.

Hang in there. I'm praying for you and your family.

Lots of hugs,

debilyn
  5. lynncats

lynncats New Member

Thank you. Yes, you are correct about my son moving in with DIL's parents. I'm hoping my son will see the light, but I truly believe in my heart that these people have his brain working the wrong way. Anyway, thank you for the prayers, I sure do appreciate it. You take care of yourself.

HUGS

LYNN
  6. lynncats

lynncats New Member

Thank you for the prayers, I hope things will change to, but I really don't see it happening. Take care!!

HUGS

LYNN
  7. lynncats

lynncats New Member

Wow, sorry to hear that you are in a similar situation. I used to love my son's girlfriend untill they got married and then had a baby, now I have problems where I'm sad at what is happening, but then again I'm also very angry.

glad to hear that your son at least sent you flowers, I didn't even get a phone call....nothing. It literally broke my heart into a million pieces. Hell, they won't even send us any pictures, I have no clue what my only grandson looks like, I only saw him 2x when he was first born, the KABOOM, we don't want you in our lives.

No need to appologize for venting with me, we all need to every so often. Good luck with your situation. And thanks for letting me know that I'm not alone.

HUGS

LYNN
  8. justlooking

justlooking New Member

I am so sorry you are unable to be part of your childs and grandchilds life.
    I for the life of me cannot understand why any parent wouldn't want EVERY possible source of love for their child. Grandparents are so important to the growth of a child.
    I am in my early 40s, I have 3 school aged children and can't imagine my parents not being involved with my kids. They have been a source of support for me and a source of escape and fun for my children. they offer a day or weekend of spoiling and venting for my kids and a source of rest and freedom for me! It is a mutually beneficial situation.
    Any person who excludes a positive role model from their childs life is selfish and vindictive in nature.
    I hope for the grandchildrens sake, your son will come to his senses and not allow this to continue.
    Again I am so sorry your DIL is treating you like this. It is unfair to everyone involved!
    Sincerely
    JL
    [This Message was Edited on 09/11/2009]
  9. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

I think about you and send prayers to you regarding this situation. It's really tragic. I feel sorry for everyone in this situation. I hope some day soon your son wakes up and realizes what's he's doing is wrong.

Hugs,
    tee
  10. lynncats

lynncats New Member

thank you for your thoughts and prayers. I'm sure gonna need them today, I can't for the life of me get this situation out of my head. Everyone here has been so kind, and I truly apprecaite it.

P.S. Let's all say a "Happy Birthday" to my precious grandson, Jonathan!!!!

Happy Birthday baby, grandma loves you!!!

HUGS

LYNN
  11. lynncats

lynncats New Member

Thank you for taking the time to wish my grandson Happy Birthday, that is so sweet. I know life can be unfair, I'm trying to accept this but the way it all went down, just hurts the heart.

Take Care.

HUGS

LYNN
  12. butterflydream

butterflydream New Member

I totally relate to all you post with your son.

You bet she (dil) opened the card but i bet she didn't show it to your son.
    I say this because (dil) has no respect. This is awful what all has taken place.
    i'm going thru the same thing Lynn

Butterflydream
  13. butterflydream

I totally relate to all you post with your son.

You bet she (dil) opened the card but i bet she didn't show it to your son.
    I say this because (dil) has no respect. This is awful what all has taken place.
    i'm going thru the same thing Lynn

Butterflydream
  14. butterflydream

I have no idea how i double posted LOL these darn fingers LOL

My heart goes out to all whom are living with this pain that others have created.
    You're in my thoughts Lynn, i know how you feel, i have this Grandma pain too.
    It's so sad.

Never give up but don't wear yourself out with this. Save your energy for the day you see Jonathan.

My many thoughts , concerns and Prayers are with you

Live Life Well
    Butterflydream
  15. lynncats

lynncats New Member

Thank you so much for your caring thoughts and prayers. I'm soooo sorry that you are going thru this also. You take care of yourself, and if you ever need to vent about our situations, just let me know thru this board.

LOTS OF HUGS

LYNN
  16. jole

jole Member

As a grandmother (nana) there is no way I know the pain you feel, but I can certainly imagine it.... and it must be one of the very worst hurts possible. Especially today, on his birthday!

I pray you and all the other grandparents in your situation will one day see this pain resolved. You definitely did the right thing by sending a card and certificate. Keep trying. After all, Jonathan will grow up, and some day he might actually see one of those cards and question things. Nothing stands still forever!

I too remember your story, and wish you the very best. Hang in there, keep trying...it's all you can do, other than pray! Happy Birthday, little sweetie! Love ya, Lynn ...Jole

17. stschn

stschn New Member

"Your sons your sons until he takes a wife?" and the rest goes "your Daughter is your daughter all your life." Well it's worked in reverse for me because of the man she married. We call him Mr. Wonderful so that we don't have to use crude words. She has changed so much now that he's come into her life. I'm thankful for the many grand and great grand kids in our lifes due to our sons because we sure don't have much contact with her or her kids. Yes it hurts a lot. It's bad enough that I'm to sick to see the one's I'm able to very often and for very long but I do get the pictures and the phone calls and that helps.
  18. lynncats

lynncats New Member

your post touched me. Thanks Jole. I'm gonna hang in there.

HUGS

LYNN