For those on Cymbalta...constipation???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by meowchowchow, Nov 15, 2005.

1. meowchowchow

meowchowchow New Member

I started taking Cymbalta and I am constipated. Before I started taking it I was very regular since starting my probiotics.

Anyone have this problem?

Thanks,
    Meow
  2. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

I like your name, Meow. I am a cat lover, too. I am also on Cymbalta and have had the constipation problem. I really upped the fiber in my diet and that has helped somewhat. You might get some Metamucil or some other high-fiber drink to help.

One advantage is that I don't have the diahrrea problem with IBS any more!

Ellen
  3. suzetal

suzetal New Member

and have the opposite I have the BIG D
    I have been able to control it now with my probiotics.And I also cut down my ambien which also gives D or constipation as a side affect.But I do not get constipated.

So I only take it when I cant sleep.And switched from 20 ml to 5.

Hope you find some answers.

Sue
  4. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

some fiber choice, it helped me. plus i have ibs, so it has helped w/the bloating and stuff...i don't wan t to get into detail...

it tastes great, the tablets taste like sweet tarts w/no sugar. and the hard candy ones taste just like i nice piece of orange candy.. so i don't have to drink and swallow more pills....

jodie
  5. gravitychallenged

gravitychallenged New Member

I have IBS with constipation and the Cymbalta has added to this problem for me. I have found that increasing my supplement of magnesium citrate and calcium has helped keep thing in check. Although it hasn't reversed the problem altogether, the benefits I get from Cymbalta far outweigh the constipation issue.

GC
  6. abbylee

abbylee New Member

My mom takes narcotics and has had problem all of her life - she even once had surgery. A couple of years ago, she started eating a coffee cup full of grapes with her dinner and she's not had a problem since.

When my husband started narcotics for arthritis, he had the same problem so he eats either grapes or prunes each night and also has no problems anymore.

If you don't like any of the stuff they sell for constipation and you do like grapes or prunes, you might want to give it a try. Don't overdo it, though, or you'll have the opposite problem.

abbylee
  7. tilla

tilla New Member

Cymbalta has helped my "IBS" also, so I don't mind the constipation.

Tilla
  8. JLH

JLH New Member

I've always had a problem with constipation .... even before I started on Cymbalta ..... I think it's the Lortab that I take for my back pain.