For those out there recieving disability,,WHEN

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gmom605, Jan 22, 2007.

1. gmom605

gmom605 New Member

and how many years did they give you to go back ,to see if you are still disable,, i have to go back in 1-09 and get review again,,,,,,gmom,,,,,
  2. michele3322

michele3322 New Member

I just found my approval letter and it said around 3yrs or so. That for me will be march2008 and I'm already felling nervy about it. I was so blessed the first time out I was approved,so now I feel with my luck they won;t renew it. I can only hope and pray I get my self back and not need it,but my sickness is getting worse. I pray for all of us that this is seen for it;s true diability.
  3. JLH

JLH New Member

I have been on SSDI since around 2001. Since then, I have had a review twice.

When you say "you have to go back in 1-09 and get reviewed again", I am not sure what you mean. You don't have to physically go anywhere--you don't have to go back to the Social Security office or any doctors offices.

Each person who received SSDI is re-evaluated on a different schedule. The reevaluations are set based upon WHY you were disabled. Some will be reevaluated in 2-3 years and some not for 6-7 years, etc.

My two reevaluations were no bid deal. I received a form in the mail for me to complete. It was about 4 pages. It just asked me to list the last 3 times that I visited a doctor and the reason why, the last 3 times (if any) that I was hospitalized, if I had discussed going back to work with my doctor (no), and did I consider myself feeling better or worse (worse!), etc.

I just answered the questions honestly and mailed it back in. About a month or so later, I receved a letter from Soc. Sec. telling me that they did not see the need for them to talk to my doctors again or ask for any additional information; therefore, my SSDI would continue for another 3 years and at that time, I would be reevaluated again.

Does this info help? Is this the type of info you wanted?

jlh
  4. gmom605

gmom605 New Member

thank you for your replys,,,,,,gmom,,,,,,