For those treated with AZITHROMYCIN

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by swiss, Sep 19, 2006.

1. swiss

swiss New Member

I am going to ask my doctor about this tomorrow. For those who have tried it...what was your dosage, for how long and results??

All of you rock,
    michele
  2. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

See the other posts too but I am on 500mg three times a week for three weeks.

The newest research seems to suggest this works as well as longer doses.

After a week I do certainly feel some improvement, particularly the head and neck pain.

Love Anne
  3. jarjar

jarjar New Member

You might respond really well to the Marshall Protocol if you had such a positive reaction to Zith. I have a friend that felt great on Zith until it was gone. She worked the MP later and is totally in remission and loving life.
    Zith is one of the abx coctails in the MP. It works even better when mixed with other abx.
  4. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I just wanted to say it is now generic and very cheap. My three weeks supply cost only $15 deductable so the whole lot was like $45.

My doc has already said one can take two 250mg a week after the initial blast of three weeks.

Like you, it has made me feel better especially the neck and head and sinus, but my hands seem worse, but I could be herxing. Also for people who may have gone resistant, taking it on a totally empty stomach (2hrs empty) and waiting an hour before eating seems to help. Also not to take any antacids until 8 hrs. later. Just a thought. Oh and no citrus at all.

Love Anne
    [This Message was Edited on 09/22/2006]
  5. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

Why do you think the drug didn't work any more when you started taking it again a month later?

Do you think you would have kept feeling well if you hadn't stopped?

Have you read any other info on this drug or gotten info from your doctors?

I know nothing about it and would like to learn.