For those using Coconut oil question!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gwheezy41, Feb 20, 2006.

1. gwheezy41

gwheezy41 New Member

Hi I have been trying the coconut oil slowly, a Tbls a day right now and noticed my sugars have been on the high side, I'm diabetic, has anyone else noticed this? It has only been about 2 weeks of use. I did have surgery also 2 weeks ago, could that also affect my sugars? Thanks Virginia
  2. sofy

sofy New Member

It didnt do anything to my sugar but made my cholesterol skyrocket. When I stopped it and used olive oil instead my cholesterol went right back to where it was before.
  3. skierchik

skierchik New Member

I have juvenile diabetes and most everything a little stressful increases my blood sugars. Your body secretes sugar (glucose) in times of stress. Most people don't notice it, but us diabetics do.

Surgery definitely will effect your blood sugars, so just be patient. As you heal, your blood sugars should come down, so if you can increase your insulin a bit (you may want to check with your endo) through the healing process, you'll feel better.

I've had lots of surgeries and my blood sugars go through the roof every time. More than likely it's the surgery and the docs should have told you to expect increases in bs. Even after the smallest of car wrecks, my bs would be effected negatively until my nervous system would calm down.

I really like the coconut oil and it has very positive effects on the cholesterol. My feeling is that both of you are going through a detox crisis and this will take time to improve. I go very slowly with the oil. I started at 1 tsp at first and now can take 1 tbsp full. It's doubtful that this caused your bs problem, but just experiment with it. Stop taking it and see what happens.

Hope this helps,

skierchik