For Those wanting a 24 hour prayer chain

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Takesha, Aug 12, 2003.

1. Takesha

Takesha New Member

If you are interested in starting a 24 hour prayer wheel, please leave me a post at what time you are willing to pray. I don't want this to get complicated so let's just start out with 1 hour slots. That doesn't mean you have to pray the whole hour, just at some point of the hour you choose to pray in. That way, all 24 hours will be covered by at least one person and anyone who posts a prayer request will be covered. We don't necessarily have to post the prayer either, but you can if you want to. Let me know what time is good for you. Example: 1 am, 2 am.....3pm 4pm etc. Please try to keep everything on this thread. Thank you.
    Takesha
    PS. I came back to ask that when you give me a time, would you also include your time zone? Maybe if I can get my brain cells to work I can figure the time zones to match the zone of this board.Thanks[This Message was Edited on 08/13/2003]
  2. MarieTourond

MarieTourond New Member

.......I would be very greatly interested in it.
    It is a very nice thought that you have there and since we all need prayers, whether we are Christians or not, it would boost morals too, don't you think.
    Prayers are the best medicine. They may not, in some cases, take the problem away, but they will help in easing some of the pains when He so wills it.
    Excuse me for saying this but I was awed that there were no responses to this thread.
    I am from the chitchat and found it there so I came here to give you the answer which, of course, is yes I am willing to join you in a 24 hr prayer.
    May God be with you always,
    Your sister in Christ
    Hugs Marie Tourond, alias "Lee"

[This Message was Edited on 08/13/2003]
  3. kooky

kooky New Member

The 24 hours prayer chain sounds a good idea. I live in London the UK. A good time for me would be either 11:00 a.m(New York time zone would be 6:00 am) am, or 12:00 pm (New York time zone would be 11:00 am), or 18:00 ((13:00 New York time zone) or 11:00 pm daily (18:00 New York time zone).
    The difference in time zone from London UK, is five hours ahead of New York. I am not sure which time zone you will be using. So, when it is 11:00 am in New York, it is 16:00 (4 pm) here in the UK.
    Please let me know if these times are suitable or not, will send you alternatives.
    Good luck with this project. It will definitely be beneficial to start a prayer chain and pool our healing energy towards each other when most needed. Take care and kind regards. Kooky
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Can you put me in for 12midnight (EST) I am in Louisiana.

Let me know if this works with your plan.

Shalom, Shirl
  5. Sunrise

Sunrise New Member

Hi, I would be pleased to join this group. Please let me know waht time is good. Thanks and God bless you for this great idea. Sunrise
  6. stilhere

stilhere New Member

Sorry this took me so long, I've been meaning to post a time, but things have been a little hairy on my end...anyways.....I would like to participate as long as it doesn't take away from the thursday night prayer night... I live in California so I'm at the pacific time zone and 'my time' is when everyone is asleep or at school, ssssssssooooo maybe at 6a or 6:30a my time?? let me know what you think...

thanks
    In Christ
    Jessica
  7. Julygal

Julygal New Member

Takesha, with the road ahead of me after neck surgery, my times may be sporatic! HA! But once I'm able to do a specific time, I'd really like 9 a.m.(Eastern Time) as this is my usual daily prayer & Bible study time. I can pray for my children & grandchildren out west, before they even get up!
    I love all of you & will continually have my "comrades in these battles" that we face,lifted up to Jesus!
    Thank you for taking the time to get this set up.
    Love,
    Carolyn
  8. Takesha

Takesha New Member

As of August Sep 5, 2003, These are the slots still available I tried to list them all according to the time zones but every time I go to post, they all run together. So The times listed are Pacific Time zone. if you are in mountain add 1 hour, if you are in central add 2hours, if you are in Eastern add 3 hours to the times below and you will have your zone.

PACIFIC TIME ZONE

12 am
    1AM
    2AM

5 AM

2 PM
    11PM

Please agree with me in prayer that God will send the warriors to fill these slots.
    Takesha
    [This Message was Edited on 08/14/2003]
    [This Message was Edited on 08/16/2003]
    [This Message was Edited on 08/17/2003]
    [This Message was Edited on 08/21/2003]
    [This Message was Edited on 08/23/2003]
    [This Message was Edited on 08/25/2003]
    [This Message was Edited on 08/27/2003]
    [This Message was Edited on 09/05/2003]
  9. Takesha

Takesha New Member

For everyone who has there times straight in there sweet little heads and are in agreement that I put you in the time you wanted could you please go back and delete your posts? This would be help confrim that it's okay, and shorten the thread a little.

So far I have (THIS IS YOUR TIME ZONE)

Kooky at 11 am
    Naykurkin at 7 am & 9PM
    buzbunny at 8 am
    Stillhere 10 am
    Sunrise 10 am
    Mamafrey 10 am
    Rebel 12 noon
    Jewel 2 pm
    Debbiedee 8 pm
    Shirl 12 midnight
    Harmony 11AM
    Sandyz 3 PM
    Danny 3861 PM
    Carolyn 10 PM
    Martha 3 Pm
    Marian 10 pm
    Kim 10pm
    Bakron 10pm
    Receani 11pm-unless you let me know you would prefer another time
    Lilymac from another site- 7Pm
    If the Fibro fog messed me up let me know and I'll correct it. Thanks
    Takesha

[This Message was Edited on 08/23/2003]
    [This Message was Edited on 08/25/2003]
    [This Message was Edited on 08/27/2003]
    [This Message was Edited on 09/05/2003]
  10. danny3861

danny3861 New Member

All your wisdom here has helped alot,Thanks.
    I'll take a evening slot. I'm in Texas, so central time.

11. danny3861

danny3861 New Member

Yes, 8pm central is good for me.
    I'm a 42 yr old male from crosby,texas

I will be praying for everyone. Please also everyone pray for me also. I need it also. I think I may start meditiating also to help my stress level. I know I asked in one of my post about anyone here having Rk,Lasik eye surgery because I did years ago and am having much problems. May the lord be with everyone and bless and heal us all.

Amen,Danny
  12. danny3861

danny3861 New Member

Takesha,

You do such a wonderful job. We are all blessed
    to hav ya.

Danny
  13. danny3861

danny3861 New Member

I can't speak for eveyone else, But you go girl
    and them post coming and I know it lifts me up closer
    to the /Lord everyday.

Amen, Danny
  14. Kim

Kim New Member

I will take 10pm Eastern. Praise God for sending Takesha to this forum.

In His Service,

Kim
  15. selma

selma New Member

I am on eastern time here and 7pm would be the time I can do.
    I pray many times during the day and night. I always feel
    that there are people praying with and for me.

Always, Selma
  16. Takesha

Takesha New Member

I have an 11:00 pm pacific time which would be 2am your time, not a good time for you. sooo I can put you in at 11:00pm your time and you would be in a slot with Carolyn and Marian. Or I have a 4 pm, 5pm slot your time. Let me know which you prefer.

Selma, I will stick you in at 7pm as you requested

I am getting all google eyed with figuring out these time zones lol...I think I got it straight though. Praise God that he gave me fingers to add and subtract on!!!
    I will be watching for your posts to verify. Thank you a bunch, I am so blessed with everyone.
    Takesha
  17. bakron

bakron New Member

I'll take the 10 P.M. slot on Pacific time if it's still available - and I agree, "pray without ceasing . ."

Father I lift those up to you who have set their needs before this board in requests for prayer. You know what each and every very special need is in the heart of our members and their families. You know each of our hearts and minds, and right now I just pray that each person on this board would feel your very wonderful presence in their life and give the burdens that lie on their heart to you. Lord, I am so very grateful for the many prayer warriors on this board, and I would just pray that you would place others in this prayer chain as their hearts are touched by you. In Jesus name I pray these things, Amen.
  18. Hikagranma

Hikagranma New Member

I have brought this to the attention of another Worship Board - of mine.

They also ha ve joined us at 10 PM Central [etc] - On Thursday the Nite Prayer nite.

- They also speak of being Prayer Warriors - which once again shows us that we are all sisters and brothers throughour precious Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

Lord we once again come to you IN FAITH, BELIEVING- THY WILL BE DONE, AMEN & AMEN."
    [This Message was Edited on 11/09/2003]
  19. Takesha

Takesha New Member

20. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Shalom, Shirl