For Those Who Have Lost Weight How Much Have you Lost?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by HppeandMe, Mar 4, 2006.

1. HppeandMe

HppeandMe New Member

Hi-

I have lost 40 pounds in about 2 1/2 years. The majority of it has come off in the past year fast. Don't be envious if you haven't lost weight, it is gross. I have no muscle anymore and it doesn't look good. It only looks good to the outsiders who see me in my clothes.

So to those that have lost weight, how much, how fast? I am wondering if more lose or gain. I will be curious to the responses I get.

Thanks!
    Hope
  2. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

My loose skin makes me look like a Sharpei.

Tigger
  3. HppeandMe

HppeandMe New Member

Yes, but I didn't want to say it! How much have you lost and how long of a period of time did you lose it?
  4. Jeanette62

Jeanette62 New Member

Hi Hope,

Congratulation on your 40 pound weight loss.

I have lost 65 pounds in 15 months. I was very motivated to lose it after fracturing one ankle and having a severe sprain in the other and having to crawl up the stairs and scoot down the stairs. I told myself I wouldn't lug this weight around anymore.

It's been a real struggle due to the extreme fatigue the exercise has caused me along with dizziness. The fall occured 10/04 and I started slowly with changing my eating habits and PT Dec. 04. I was dx with FMS Sep. 05. I haven't been working since Mar. 05 or I wouldn't have been able to keep up with the exercise and the fatigue/pain it caused.

My doctor is treating me for a Chlamydia Pneumonia infection and just cut my exercise way back to only 20 min of cardio 3X a week so it's going to be hard for me to finish losing the rest of the weight. I still have 55 pounds to go to reach my goal weight. I was hoping to finish in the next 12 - 15 months, but I may just have to readadjust one more goal in my life.

Jeanette

5. Shananegans

Shananegans New Member

40 pounds in 3-4 months. It wasn't planned (I'm definitely not complaining) but I was a shock and I don't know how I lost it except a decline in my appetite. I went from 210 to 170 and I'm still trying to figure out why, so I can lose the rest. I know that something else has come up with me medically, but now the trick is finding a doctor that will listen and tell me what it is or help figure it out. Everyone is excusing it as typical Fibro and I disagree. Nothing changed with me in my eating habits, I still eat even when I'm not hungry because I know I have to, so where did it go? lol.

Oh well, hopefully I'll find out sooner or later.

hugs
    Shananegans
  6. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

just trying to do well on my diabetic diet
  7. Alyndra

Alyndra New Member

Inbetween Dec-Apr I had gained 60 lbs.

Doctors told me I was lazy and not eating properly - Which is impossible considering my food allergies. It wasn't until I was hospitalized and put on a very restricted diet and gained another 25 lbs that the doctors finally believed something was medically wrong.

It wasn't until August that they found out my body was producing massive amounts of insulin and that my liver was turning it all into fat. By then, I had gained just a few short of 100 lbs. I actually had to keep my stomach bandaged because I was gaining weight so fast it was causing stretch marks that were tearing open.

I've been on Metformin since August, and without any change in diet or exercise 50 lbs have come back off.

The clinical dx for this was 'Metabolic Syndrome X'

~Amanda
    [This Message was Edited on 03/05/2006]
  8. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

If I go by the highest weight I remember before dieting I have lost 60 pounds since dec. 2004.
  9. hob

hob New Member

and it has worked well for me. I can eat what I want in portions and the support at the meetings are great. Even during a flare up when I crave sweets to make me "feel" better I don't struggle. I have lost 13 pounds since January and plan to loose another 30 pounds. The nutrition factor has helped my fibro a lot.
  10. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

I always ate healthy, and VERY normal sized portions. Slightly less excercize because of my arthritis. I don't understand how I could pop on 30 some pounds in 4 months out of nowhere, and can't get it off? I can't really change my diet, since my diet is good already, can't stop eating altogether,,,Bah!~! Frustrating.
  11. FMhurts

FMhurts New Member

I've lost 15 lbs. since Christmas. I put my whole family on the protien diet and we feel better for it. Lots of veggies and meat. But of course allot more veggies than meat.
    We cut out all breads, and sugars.
    No taters, no pasta.
    No sugary drinks. drinking allot of water, and eating some fruits .
    My youngest son has been is over weight and he's lost 15 lbs. and my oldest son has lost 30 lbs. and my husbands lost 14 lbs.
    We feel healthier just because we're not consuming sugar.

I do have a piece of chocolate once in awhile, cause if any of you are chocoholic's as myself ,you know its kind'a like a vitamin.

Hopefully we will continue on this diet and get to the weight we need to be.

I'm happy for all of you that have lost.
    I've not had the appitite loss at all, mine really increased from day one. I weighed 112lbs. when I first got sick. and I've shot up to 186lbs over the years.

I know that weight has bogged me down , and made FM much worse.I gained all of this weight I have within 3 years of getting FM. I think I was trying to heal myself thru eating but only made things worse.
    because once the fat goes on it don't want to come off.

I kinda feel like a beach ball, I'm short and round.
    and when your short fat looks like a whole lot more than what it is.Well mine is what it is. hehehe
    My poor size 5 feet have carried around this load way to long.
    Good luck to you all that are trying to loose.

[This Message was Edited on 03/06/2006]
  12. PVLady

PVLady New Member

I have lost 60 lbs in the last couple of years. I was sick from GERD and meds - poor appetite....

I try to keep up muscle tone but am not exercising. I walk as much as possible.

The weight loss definitely helped me with the fibro. With that weight before, I would really hurt and be stiff if I walked much. Now, I can walk and do very well.

I still have fibro, but not the pain as before.
  13. Juloo

Juloo Member

That leaves me with about 50 lbs. to go.

I attribute this mostly to being on T3, but also changing food habits and adding in 1 mile of treadmill walking on the days when I can.

I'm not 'firm' anymore -- I'm DROOPY! It's weird!
  14. onlychele

onlychele New Member

After the RA Doc told me my pain was in part from my weight(I understood, how that would make my ankles hurt, but my thumbs?) I finally had gastic bypass when I just wanted the pain to end. From what I understood I was fat and causing the pain from this. I wanted to be able to play with my kids and crawl on the floor, lift them in the tub, walk up the stairs, etc. 65 pounds down in 3 months and I don't feel better physically yet and I am starting to realize that I might never. I didn't quiet understand FMS/CFS and still don't fully. My skin isn't a big issue, YET...but it might become one! Michele
  15. kalley167

kalley167 New Member

It has taken me 1 year to lose this and I still need to lose maybe 10lbs it seems I am at a stand still right now. I have been going to Curves three times a week. Cut portions is all, no serious dieting. Maybe if I did diet I would lose these last 10, but I hate dieting as I feel hungry all the time when I do. I am proud of what I have done, just hope I can keep it off.