For Those Who have Neck/Head Pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mshonda400ex, Oct 5, 2006.

1. mshonda400ex

mshonda400ex New Member

I have never been able to fully explain what my neck/lower head feels like. I've had plenty of pains and aches in other places but none like in my neck. I can't place my neck on my chest, on my shoulders and I can't place my ear on my shoulders. My doctor always asks me to do this when I go to see him. Also I just recently got cortizone shots in my head. Has anyone else had sucess from this? Can anyone else explain to me what their neck/head pain feels like.
  2. willruthie1965

willruthie1965 New Member

Now that you mention it I can't either.Maybe a bit of physical therapy would help stretch it out> Ruthie
  3. sydneysider

sydneysider Member

Have you had a neck MRI? What were the results?
  4. mshonda400ex

mshonda400ex New Member

I have had a MRI done and like all other tests I've ever had "nothing is wrong with me" The chiropracter does work pretty good. But nothing fully gets that feeling to go away. My tramadol I take is the only thing I have found has helped. Also I just had two cortizone shots in my head. They got rid of my head pain but not the neck pain. How wierd is that?
  5. cycling

cycling New Member

I just got done with 8 weeks of PT. To get rid of the knots in my neck, back and shoulders.

There was one that was so stubborn that the PT worked on until my back was bruised. It goes from the base of my head to under my arm pit. She couldn't work it out. My neck is still in pain but i can turn it now. So it did some good.

I was just amased at how many knots i had. When she pushed on them they either popped of rolled.

Monday i start pool therapy. My body is so stuff most of the time now. Hope this will help.

Hope your head and neck get better soon.

cycling
  6. swiss

swiss New Member

Deep, aggressive massage is the main thing that has helped me. Also, magnesiun and malic acid has helped tremendously.

Good luck,
    Michele