For those who suffer from costochrondritis

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lease79, Dec 1, 2002.

1. lease79

lease79 New Member

Just wondering, when it is flared up is your chest always hot & sore. Like REALLY hot.
    It seems to me like my chest is the only warm part of my body most days & it's usually on fire.

Lease
  2. lease79

lease79 New Member

Just wondering, when it is flared up is your chest always hot & sore. Like REALLY hot.
    It seems to me like my chest is the only warm part of my body most days & it's usually on fire.

Lease
  3. marcus1243

marcus1243 New Member

And was admitted to the ER with suspected heart attack. I don't actually think that a sensation of heat was present for me -- it was more a sensation of pain and pressure. It really did mimic a heart attack (except I had no problems breathing, which alerted the docs to the real cause). Have you considered gastro-oesophogeal problems/digestive disorders? These can produce the heat you complain of.
    Hope you find answers soon!
    Marcus
  4. karbear

karbear New Member

Hello, my daughter who is 13 has costochondritis and its awful. She has acid reflux very bad and always says it feels like there is a fire in her chest !! Last week she was so bad we thought she was having a heart attack, she had a terrible bout of chest pain and we believe a panic attack,in the middle of the nite she was screaming bloody murder and we called the ambulance, her heart check out ok,but they are sending her to a cardiologist to be sure it is ok,and back to the gastrologist cause her acid reflux has been very severe. We recently found out she is allergic to wheat !! She has a very sensitive stomach also and this creates alot of bad stomach aches and pains,,Best of Luck to you and god bless, karin

[ advertisement ]