For those who've had FMS for a while...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Beckula, Sep 23, 2005.

1. Beckula

Beckula New Member

Do new symptoms appear as time goes on?

I started with a lot of back pain and every few months, it seems there is a new pain somewhere else and it just makes me feel this is never going to stop. It's so discouraging:(
  2. chp1298

chp1298 New Member

Beckula, unfortunately this is a problem. new aches and pains appear. I have recently started with TMJ which is totally new...... and awful.
  3. Beckula

Beckula New Member

Yeah, my pain all started about 10 years ago (that is freaky to say!) and every few months something new shows up...glad to know it's not all in my head;) I was told at one time that FMS isn't supposed to "progress", but I think it does!
  4. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I am going through the pain in the toe I broke 2 years ago now. I will get a pain somewhere and it can last days or weeks or months, then just goes away. I noticed this back years before I even knew I had FMS.

No fun, is it?

Hugs,
    Faye
  5. spasco

spasco New Member

Absolutely not! I've dealt with it for 27 yrs, and you just never know where it will turn up. I too have TMJ, and the FMS causes extreme pain in my bones, joints, muscles & tendons. There does not seem to be a "safe zone". It is scary, and I often wonder if this is a "new" chemically induced syndrome, or if it's been around for 100's of yrs. I cannot even imagine being a pioneer and having to do such intensive work every day of my life.

God bless! Stephanie
  6. Suzan

Suzan New Member

Probably had symptoms for a couple years ( or more!!) before that. What I have found..is that I have some symptoms that are pretty constant..but then I have some that just happen..and leave. Sometimes they return...sometimes not!I have had my toes hurt...my feet hurt...my "hair" hurt..the top of my head hurt...I have had skin sensitivity so bad that it has brought tears to my eyes from the pain. But, I don't have any of these all the time.
    Do I think I have gotten worse? Yes I do. Will I get worse than I am now? I don't know, I hope not..because now can be pretty darn awful. I was pretty good at rising above it for a while...but that is getting harder to do these days. So, right now , I am not the picture of good thoughts...but hang in there...I DO still have fun..and laugh..and love...and you can too!
  7. KJ2003

KJ2003 New Member

Hey Beck,

I don't know if it's Fibro or 40. I think it's a toss up.

Seriously, I am unsure because of my other diagnosis', which are severe arthritis, ruptured disks, pinched nerves and bone spurs. Also, hormonal problems and cholesterol problems, as well.

I do know that I have that all-over achy feeling more than I ever have before, but I've also moved twice in the past year and a half. Once to the midwest and now further south than I've ever lived. So I don't know if it's fibro or other factors. Could be a little of all these things.

Kim
  8. Grailgoddess

Grailgoddess New Member

We have a tendency to feel so miserable so much of the time that we have little energy to think of ourselves in the many, many positive ways we should. I've only been reading for a couple of days what you Angels have sharing, but you have given me SO much insight, hope, and information which has allowed me to breathe a bit easier, and not be so hard on myself (let some in the family & in the allopathic world do that- that's more than enough!).

Thank you for letting me know I am not making things up, or over-worrying things into Reality.

But most of all, thank you for being a resiliant, wise, intelligent, caring, loving group of people who refuse to take "you're stuck with it" for an answer; Collective Consiousness always tips the scales!

The Human Spirit never fails to amaze me, and you all are more proof of the Positive-ness of Humanity: here you are, dealing with ALL that these DDs deal, and YOU are reaching out to others, with such charity and good-will - with the best of hopes and intentions. I consider myself SO fortunate to be able to be reading your posts and feeling your energy.

With a heart & soul full of thanks ~
  9. cafe52

cafe52 New Member

Hi TEri here I am 52years young going on 90 sometimes:
    I have had this for going on 25 years now.

I deffinatly think this is a progressive desease, mine started in my neck and shoulder area upper back I would wake up with really bad pain.

I have had about 4 tmj attacks where I could not swallow or talk due to ecrruciating pain it would casue severe mussel spazams.

Then for a while I felt pretty good then I got mono and I never really felt good after that (could have been I was married to a herrioin addict at the time) and trying to rasie my daughter.

the pain became more wide spread as time went on, I have also had 3 pretty good finder binders 2 of wich I had physical thearapy for but not the last one due to no insurance.

Now I have terrible pain in both my hips and my leggs I have chronic tendonitis and bursitis among other illnesses like Barretts asophogus Low thyroid and a hyatal hernia.

and I get sharp stabbing pains in varriuos parts of my body and it is getting harder to get up and down and walk.

all I know is it seems to change alot but never really goes away like it just travels through your body making the rounds. Its a pretty awful desease.