For Those With Achey Muscles

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by herblady, Sep 11, 2003.

1. herblady

herblady New Member

this has been said about a million times here but i'll say it again, there are always newcomers. i find wonderful relief in soaking in a hot mineral bath, but not just any minerals. i like the dead sea mineral salts. they are the best, they help better than any other kind. cindi
  2. itscarrie

itscarrie New Member

I find soaking in a moor mud bath very relaxing and helps with the achy muscles. Sometimes it relaxes me so much I can sleep right away and for longer.

It is also excellent for skin and helps with my itching skin.
  3. badangel3

badangel3 New Member

I've heard before that the dead sea minerals are great. At this point in my FM, I have a difficult time getting in and out of the tub to soak my body so I rely heavily on my warm showers to get me going, but do you think it might help some to do foot soaks? I have a lot of thigh and leg pain. Jackie
  4. herblady

herblady New Member

yes, foot soaks would be helpful. they sure make your feet feel good. add a little peppermint oil to it and it will make your feet feel really refreshed. i have have trouble getting out of the tub but this feels so good i go through the annoyance anyway. cindi
  5. tandy

tandy New Member

I never took a boath using mineral salts~ I use epsom salts and get some muscle pain relief with that. What exactly is dead sea salt mineral baths??and where can you buy some?This sounds relaxing!! :)
  6. EZBRUZR

EZBRUZR New Member

There Are Most Definatly Very Useful earth provided Reliefs,we do need to Watch for interactins With Perscriptions,some Herbs Will interfere.
    Peace,
    eZ
  7. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Here is the sea salts that I use and the mud; 'Ahava' Dead Sea Salts, its 100% pure Dead Sea bath salts from Israel, it is a bit pricy, $40.00 for 6.6pounds. You use one cup in a bath and soak for 20 minutes, then shower the residue off.

Also the 'Ahava' Black Mineral Mud from the Dead Sea in Israel, this you put all over the body, expose the body to the sun, or heat lamp for 15-20 minutes, then shower it off.
    I don't have the price on my package, but its also pricy :)

Its also good for conditioning the hair, and a facial.

Hope this helps.......................

Shalom, Shirl
  8. herblady17777

herblady17777 New Member

Hello Cindi,
    I also utilize those mineral salt bath but I add some essential oils depending on how I feel. Yes, you have to be careful putting them anywhere neet or even broken down with oil. So many of them work so well for FM.
    Also had to say hello as my name is Cindy as they call me cyn now and I go by herblady17777. Thought that was kinda cool...hope we meet up on line to talk. cyn
  9. herblady

herblady New Member

that's funny, two herblady's named cindy. and i bet your name is cynthia, mine is, too. what a coincidence. cindi
  10. herblady

herblady New Member

i get mine from walmart, they aren't pure dead sea salts but have them included and the brand i got smells so pretty! i love them. there's also bath therapy, i think they have them in there, too. and you can always go to the health food store and get pure dead sea mineral salts. how they work better, i'm not sure, but for me they do. cindi
  11. mamacilla

mamacilla New Member

shirl, i have also used ahava dead sea salts. my memory is not so good right now, is that the same as the brand masada? i would love to go to israel and float in the dead sea.
    also, what is moor mud?
    thanks,
    mama c
  12. itscarrie

itscarrie New Member

Moor mud is mud from bogs, purified and used for many things. They discovered a body from eons ago that had been in a bog "i think in Ireland or Scotland, not sure" The body was preserved so that you could still see its face. The preserving components of mud are supposed to be excellent as in skin. I also find it relieves itching. Also it detoxifies plus many other things which I fail to remember without digging out info. I think its called Golden Moor. I know there are websites about it.
  13. mamacilla

mamacilla New Member

thanks! i will do a search on moor mud.
    also i will try the epsom salt/soda/lavender recipe.

[ advertisement ]