FOR THOSE WITH CHEST/BACK PAIN

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Cromwell, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I came across an article re Tietze's syndrome (not to be confused with Tietz a similar name but not conected)

Apparently it is a virus that can be picked up during even minor surgical procedures, like scopes, that can give severe chest and uper back pain. I think it can also be picked up anywhere where exposure is high, like via dental work.

It is an inflamation of the ligaments of the chest wall.

I post this as I know a lot of us get this sort of pain.

Since I had a TEE(scope into esophagus to see heart through chest wall behind ribs) I have noticed I am still getting a lot of chest wall and back pain 10 days after. I have had scopes into stomach with that pain lasting only a day. I do understand the doc was probing in that area for 35 mins so expected some bruising.

Anyway I found this link and thought it may be useful for others.

Anne C
  2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

That give me some other things to think about....I appreciate the post.

Sue
  3. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Hi Anne,
    Did you forget to put the URL there? I don't see any link to anything.

Hugs,
    Faye
  4. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I don't know how to do that. I googled chets pain and this disease came up is all and it sounded like so many of our pains I thought aha!. Try googling it, the disease. Like I mentioned there is another that sounds like the same name but is some blood disorder.

Love Anne C Sorry for being such a computer klutz.
  5. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I thought I may have it, but I read about it and I don't think I do. I think my main problem is stress through the roof and GERD. Started on 1/9/06, too.

I could have Googled that too, but with fibro fog, just didn't think of it.

I still think I have a hair ball in my stomach. lol =^,,^=

I haven't had a scope since before 1994, so I think I'm good as far as any virus or anything like that goes.

Feel well!

Hugs,
    Faye