For those with heavy legs feeling, any supplements or meds help?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by app5775, Mar 25, 2007.

1. app5775

app5775 New Member

Hi, right now one of my main symptons and problems is reoccuring heavy legs feeling. I've had it off and on for years like many of us here. Has anyone tried anything that has helped them, meds or supplements wise? It usually means I have to slow down but I sure wish I could find something to lesson the severity and also stop it from reoccurring so often.
  2. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

Is it RLS?

Do you have pain and a feeling of the need to move your legs also?

I have RLS and I take Mirapex which is a Parkinson's drug. It works wonders. It actually helps alot of people with general fibro pain also. It is currently being studied for FM pain and could possibly become one of the first drugs ever approved for Fibro.

Steph
  3. app5775

app5775 New Member

I really don't know if I do have RLS but I've always had tingling and heaviness symptons off and on in my legs. The pain isn't nearly as bad as it used to be but I hate the feeling of my legs that just seem to be like to sacks of wheat. I will make that suggestion of medication when I visit my doctor next. thanks
  4. coolma

coolma New Member

every Spring I have a hard time getting my legs to work without aching. It feels like pushing my legs through mud to walk my dog. It usually goes away in the summer, dryer months.
    So thankful to have found this website. I suffered for 11 years at home on disability with severe FM without a computer (you know what it's like - when you need the help the most, you can't afford it!). Looking forward to connecting. Good luck and pray for dry, sunny days! Your legs will work better!
    [This Message was Edited on 03/26/2007]
  5. 4isfamily

4isfamily New Member

I also get heavy legs, usually when I flare up. The only thing that helps is EEG brain stimulation, which is making a huge difference in my life. I know this is not accessible to everyone. I have had positive results from SAM-e in terms of mild depression and warm feelings/better circulation throughout the body (instead of stiff cold feeling in my limbs) - I assume do to increased glutathione levels. Also try fish oil and magnesium/calcium before going to bed. I can't explain it, but especially fish oil makes me to sleep better (restorative sleep) and my muscles get a break and feel fine in the morning.

Good luck.
  6. tala

tala New Member

I've recently started taking
    Omega 3 fish oil,
    magesium,
    selenium,
    chromium,
    zinc,
    E,
    Calcium/D and
    Multi
    is it better to take at P.M. ??
    Thank You,
    Tala
  7. app5775

app5775 New Member

Thanks for the info all. I will have to try the fish oil. I've never taken it and it seems to be helping alot of folks here on the board.