For those with terrible leg pain poss solution

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kbak, May 25, 2008.

1. kbak

kbak Member

For whatever reason I developed terrible leg pain in the last few months, and nothing really helped it so I decided to experiment with stuff I already had in the house.

Yrs. ago I had bought this liquid called sea minerals. I could not tolerate it, but it was to expensive to throw away, so it's sat on my shelf. I read where they've come out with magnesium gel, but it's dang pricey so I thought I'd try making my own.

I took unrefined coconut oil from the health food store and let it liquify in hot water, than mixed it with some of the liquid sea minerals in a bottle. Now the coconut oil does firm up when it cools so you have to use a jar with a mouth or if you use a bottle like I did (not thinking) you have to stick it in warm water to use it.

I put it on in the morning after my shower and at nite. It really has made a difference in the pain!! Now I know what works for one person may not work for another, but it sure has worked for me.

Take care,
  2. RatsWife

RatsWife New Member

Sounds benign and comforting. I'm going to try your idea as I have all the ingredients on hand, too. Thanks for sharing!

Gentle Hugs,
  3. kbak

kbak Member

The only bad thing about rubbing alchol is that it is soooo drying to the skin. If it works maybe following it with some kind of moisterizer would be better.

4. findmind

findmind New Member

That is very interesting. I've been (mistakenly, I believe) diagnosed with peripheral neuropathy, oh, these last 15 years or so. No one can tell me WHY I have it, but I'm being tested right now by a Vascular Clinic.

When they tell me No, we find nothing wrong, I'm going to try your idea; what the heck, neurontin isn't doing very much.

Thanks for an interesting post...
  5. woofmom

woofmom New Member

Get your Manganese levels checked.
  6. kbak

kbak Member

Findmind & Others,

Your skin is your largest organ. I think that's why people started this whole magnesium gel thing because so many people can't tolerate liquid minerals, but you can absorb them through your skin.

I'm really glad now that I didn't throw away my bottles of sea minerals because my concoction is really working well for me. The sea minerals contain all your minerals including manganese and we know coconut oil is very good for you.

Different drugs can actually cause leg pain. Like I said I do it morning and night before bed.

Take care,