For those with tingling in legs and feet

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by marcus1243, Dec 20, 2002.

1. marcus1243

marcus1243 New Member

Do you find that exercising (or just about any activity -- even just walking) makes it worse or triggers it?

--Marcus
  2. LauraLea

LauraLea New Member

At times yes. It's hard to know how much will trigger "IT"
    but we must try to stay active its hard to find the right balance. I love to hike, but if I do it two days I pay for it.

Try to find a balance it takes awhile but you will know when you find it.
  3. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Walking longer than usual distances definitely makes my tingling worse that night, and sometimes I pay for it the next day, too. I started taking magnesium about a month ago, and it definitely helps---the tingling in my feet (a constant symptom since the start of FM for me) is not gone, but I'd say it has been reduced by about 50-60%---so it IS an improvement. Right now, I'm only taking 400mg a day; I'm trying to work up to 800mg, but for me, it causes diarrhea at that amount.

The very first "screaming" symptom of FM for me was extreme tingling in legs & feet---later, it seemed to settle mainly in my feet, but it's been pretty constant since day one. At least the magnesium helps, you might at least experiment with it!

Good luck hugs,
    Pam
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I had so much trouble with my feet about two years ago, that I was almost crazy with all the strange things going on with them.

They would tingle at night, I would got to the bathroom holding on to the walls like a fly! They would hurt, tingle and be swollen. I also got a bone spur on my heel to go with the rest of the misery!

But after taking the 'Pro Energy' for a few months(its been two years that I have been taking it now), I am back to wearing my high heels, sandles, and any other kind of footwear I want! Believe me, I was heartbroken with the foot problems, I love shoes!

I am also not hanging on to walls to find the bathroom anymore at night!

Good luck, and stay with it, it is surely worth it. After a while my body got used to the magnesium, and my bowels are just normal now.

Supplements take longer to get results, it has to get into our systems, not like drugs that work in a few minutes/hours, but usually don't last. But the results from supplements are lasting.

Shalom, Shirl

5. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I was just reading up on ProEnergy, I think I will get this. I know the malic acid is good, too--I've been doing the "apple a day" but now that I found (after 46 years) that I have severe food allergies, I have to do the 4 day rotation diet, so I can't have daily apples. Sounds like ProEnergy is the way to get both magnesium & malic acid.

Thanks,
    Pam
  6. PAT

PAT New Member

when I get out of bed and head to the bathroom, and everyone in the house hears, "ooh, ow, oh, aghhh... because of my tingling and stinging feet! I had tried the malic acid for a little while, but didn't keep up with it. I think I will try it again. I wonder if one of my unopened bottles will still be potent, though I bought it a year ago.Patti G