For yucca13

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mtnfla, Aug 9, 2005.

1. mtnfla

mtnfla New Member

Hi Val,
    Was wondering how you are doing with the epidural treatments,I'm thinking about not having the last one afte what I've been through after the first and second one..Right now we aren't sure if that is what is causing these sudden incrusating headaches.

Or if it just something new that I'm dealing with now,but I don't think I want to take the chance again just in case.I was just curious if you were having any reactions to the epidural injections...

The headaches are so intense that it causes my BP to go up,last night in the ER it was 220/102..Hope you aren't having complications from it..Take care and have a good night.
    Marianne
  2. suz9601

suz9601 Member

bump for yucca
  3. Yucca13

Yucca13 Member

Hi Marianne,
    Thanks for writing. I've been kind of 'down' lately and meant to write again. I did read about the frightening headaches you have experienced. Pain like that will definitely spike your blood pressure I have found.

Headaches are also the worst of my problems too. They start behind the eyes and include the occipital area of my neck and my upper back. I did have the second in the set of three epidurals, but cannot say that they have made any marked improvement. When I went to the pain doctor, he gave me a couple of trigger point injections into the muscles on the right side of the back of my neck. They hurt and just aggravated the whole thing.

I'm thinking that this morning I will call and cancel my third epi also. I feel like a pincushion and don't feel like having any additional pain at this time. It is about an hour ride from here to a very hot area - YUK! Also, I think it may be time to consult with a neurosurgeon or an orthopedic surgeon. I'm not really sure which one is the more skilled type of surgeon for cervical problems. If anyone has some information regarding the merits of one over the other, any advice would be greatly appreciated. My MIL had back fushion by a neurosurgeon and I think he did a good job. At least if I get a couple of opinions of what exactly is causing all of this aching, burning, pain and lacinating headaches (if there is a specific cause they can give me instead of the vague 'bulging disc, spondylosis, bone spur, nerve root impingement).

My son has a friend that went through a triple by-pass and he is feeling pretty good, so should I be afraid of a little neck surgery?? I guess it is time for me to consider trying something else since these injections don't seem to be accomplishing much of anything. The first one helped with the pain in my shoulder and down the arm, but the neck and eye pain never goes away.

I find that the extended release medication helps a little because if I don't take it I can tell the difference, but it doesn't work miracles.

I sure hope they can find the source of your headaches and get them to calm down. I'll let you know what I learn.
    Warmly,
    Val

4. mtnfla

mtnfla New Member

I know wht you mean about those trigger point injection,I also got my on the right side and even after using ice after I got home I was still sore and neck was a bit stiff..

Finally got to see the pain mgmt Dr and he gave me an Rx for ACTIQ 800MCG LOZENGERS,they are about the size of a tampon and 3inches long.I'm suppose to place it in my mouth between the cheek and low gum area and move it from side to side,no chewing,crushing or swallowing the lozenger.Hope it don't taste bad,but heck if it get rid of the pain I guess it won't really matter what it taste like.

I went to my job to get it filled and my boss the Dr.note that I will be out til Saturday until I'm seen by the neurologist, due to complication from epidural injection theraphy.

Well hope you are feeling better soon also..It was mentioned that he might be now going sending me to an orthopedic Dr for my neck problems since we had no luck with the injections...

I'm just so tired and stressed out from everything from this pass week that I can't sit up for a long period of time like I used to,hopefully that will pass soon..I have learned to do my crotcheting laying down though(LOL)..

Take care and have a good day..
    Marianne