Forest Fire Smoke worsening FM symptoms

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by happygranny, Sep 3, 2003.

1. happygranny

happygranny Member

I live in an area of British Columbia, Canada where the forest fire smoke is very thick. This has been off and on for the last 3 weeks. I am noticing my symtoms seem to worsen with the thickness of the smoke. Does this make sense to anyone?
  2. happygranny

happygranny Member

Bump ( am I doing this right?)
  3. emttoni

emttoni New Member

Hi there! I live in the Spoakane WA area and the smoke here has really been making me feel worse also. I wrote a question last week to Madwolf about the smoke in our area but it got moved and he didnt answer. I was wondering if it was just me feeling the difference when the smoke gets thicker. If the wind blows the right way we here is WA get the smoke from the fires up in Canada as well as whats burning here. I hope the rains come soon and put some of these fires out. I have enough problems as it is! Hugs ~ Toni
  4. PatPalmer

PatPalmer New Member

Yes, the fire burns up oxygen, so combined with thick smoke, the amount left for you to breath has been drastically reduced.

Are you able to access an oxygen cylinder somehow?

Your CFS/FM symptoms are due in part to the lack of cellular oxygen. Try taking "Cellfood Concentrate" It`s helped both myself & daughters energy levels recently. It produces oxygen at cellular level.

Tap into a search engine for info.

Love Pat.
  5. beckster

beckster New Member

a lot of us worse. I live in ARizona and know this first hand, as do lots of my FMS/CFS friends. Part of it is the effect of particulates; these very tiny particles (not just in fires either--any smoke, dust, diesel exhaust etc)directly affect the lungs and heart, and cause inflammation.
    You can read about it if you google under particulate pollution.
  6. happygranny

happygranny Member

So, I therefore surmise that living in the little village I live in, with normally clean air,(when there isn't forest fires), lessens the FM symptoms. It does make sense. Thanks for the input. I guess I should avoid air-polluted areas.