Forgot again

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ozgran, Mar 24, 2003.

1. ozgran

ozgran New Member

I have always been good at remembering things. Had to be in my job, but now it is becoming a problem. Have been trying acupuncture which has given some relief from pain and spasms in my legs, but I have just missed another appointment. Got the date and time wrong again even tho' I was given me an appointment card. I wrote it wrongly on the calender. I just got the phone call to say I'd missed yet again. Fortunately she is a lovely understanding young lass who had an uncle with FM so is very forgiving. Is going to fit me in late tomorrow and has already given me an appointment for next week which I have written on the calender in red. I find this brain fog one of the most frustrating things. Who else does these things? Love Ozgran.
  2. swred5

swred5 New Member

I just did that Monday morning! Called my eye doctor's office @8:50am to see when my appointment was, thought it was Wednesday @ 9:30am, the receptionist told me in a snotty manner that it was in 10 mins! Lucky for me I live 3 mins away & was already dressed! I did however like the suprised look on her face when I showed up on time, snot!!
  3. HURTSALOT2

HURTSALOT2 New Member

I have not yet missed an appointment. However, I have written on my calendar the incorrect date. I sat in the waiting room for almost an hour. I thought they were just behind schedule, it happens often. Finally, one of the ladies who work there called me to the window. She said she checked on my appointment and that I was two days early. What a long wait I would have had. LOL
    Hopefully I will not do it again or do as you have done. Glad they are understanding for you. Take care.
    HURTSALOT2
  4. Echos

Echos New Member

I have to leave myself notes all the time, then I have to remember where I left the note. My memory is not what it use to be. Sometimes I can't even complete my sentence because I can't remember what it was I was going to say next. I try to fing humor in it, but other times it is most embarassing for me. Between the fatigue, pain and forgetfulness, I don't know how I manage day to day.

Love,
    Echos
  5. crimsonfox

crimsonfox New Member

If I don't write it down 9 times out of 10 I forget. It is so frustrating. Today is a bad day, i'm really have a tough time, my head is not very clear and i feel like i have no energy. Anyway, I know exactly how you feel, my husband will ask me things and I tell him "you didn't tell me" and he did. Thankfully he is very understanding and patient with me. He's very good to me and I really need that right now, WE ALL DO. GOD BLESS
  6. COOKIEMONSTER

COOKIEMONSTER New Member

I used to find myself forgetting a lot of my appts...so I purchased myself a daytimer. This is a God send. Ever since then, I have not forgotton not one appt.

I however, had an appt. with a Rhuemy yesterday and before I left, I kept feeling that I was missing something. I had that day timer with me and could not think. Eventually, I had to start my car, but guess what? I had no keys cuz I had no purse. I had left my purse in the evaluation room and had to go back to get it.

Talk about brain fog. :)
  7. Dorothy45

Dorothy45 New Member

Thank God I'm not crazy! I forget what I am talking about in midsentence. I have not been officially diagnosed with FM, but I am in the process of doing so. My psychiatrist is the doctor that told me that he thought I showed quite a few of the symptoms. The "fog" really bothers me, especially on an emotional level. I have realized that dealing with aches and pains is not"normal". I really thought I was losing my mind, until I spoke with a woman last night who is a director for a FM support group in my county. I feel better just knowing I am not alone.
    [This Message was Edited on 03/25/2003]
  8. bejo

bejo New Member

Appointments,bills,you name it and I've forgotten it.I have written the wrong time and date on the calendar too.It really makes you feel stupid,doesn't it? What I really hate is when I write myself a note and can't figure out what it means later.--duh--My husband likes to make a big issue out of things I forget and that just makes it worse.((((hugs for all our lost memories)))) bejo
  9. PatPalmer

PatPalmer New Member

Had the In Laws on Saturday, we had lunch and made a round of drinks after, the Mother In Law asked for coffee and she gets tea - doesn`t drink tea, so I went into the kitchen to make a coffee and the next thing I know 10 mins later i`m drinking her tea and she hasn`t even got her coffee!!! I completely forgot.

Hope you have gotten over your trip to the Rhumys and feel a bit better today.

Love Pat.
  10. ozgran

ozgran New Member

for responding. It is one of the best things about this board when you can share like that. It is hard for others to understand us. Had two different times to be places today and managed those, but then I am having a better day today. Thank you for the poem Crazy Vickie. I really enjoyed it. Will respond to your e-mail later today or in the morning. Ozzie time.

PatPalmer, am recovering from my visit to rheumy, but think that was half the problem yesterday. Was all catcthing up with me.

Love and Hugs to you all. Ozgran.
  11. violettekb

violettekb New Member

I forget what I forget. Went to dr. on wrong day two weeks ago, not the first time I got an appt messed up. Most things are a "thingy or hickeydo" and can't even remember most family names. I had a memory and mind that was unbelievable. Now I have to look up my best friend's phone number. I write things in a day planner and a dry erase board on the fridge or make lists. Sometimes all 3 if it's important. Yes, the fog is bad. Got lost in my hometown and now I get mad if the kids laugh because of something I said or forgot.
    Good rest helps but I sleep only a few hours a night - what's rest?
    Hang in there
    Karen