Forgot To Put The Car In Park

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by amberdotcom, May 17, 2006.

1. amberdotcom

amberdotcom New Member

Just sharing a fog moment.....I'm not crying over it but I'm not quite laughing yet either.
    Came home from work, stopped in the driveway and put my foot on the brake then reached to the passenger seat to get my purse, water bottle etc.....and took my foot off the brake! That would have been fine if I'd remembered to put the car in park! I didn't even feel it roll forward until it hit the front of our truck. No damage to the truck but the guard on it dug a slash in my bumper (have to try & remember to buy touch up paint now).

OK - guess I'll have to laugh about it for now. Thanks for listening guys.
  2. jbennett2

jbennett2 New Member

I can't tell you the number of times I have done that, including this morning. Usually it's when I remember something in the house that I forgot to bring and I open the door and start to hop out - and the car starts moving! Stupid fibro brain. So far no damage done.
  3. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

amberdotcom:

Sorry to hear about your incident. Your right: we all can make a list of fibro-fog moments. I have had my share too.
    Well at least you are safe which is the main thing.

nyrofan
  4. kalley167

kalley167 New Member

steped out of the car. I have almost done this. Been having a fog week it seems. Having trouble getting it to clear this week. Can't remember simple things. Had to have an upper Gi done this week and she gave me instructions on what clothes to keep on , I went in the bathroom and forgot what she had to say. Had to verify it with her. I am sure she thought I was nuts. It happened within a few minutes. Scary sometimes.