forgot what it feels like to be sick

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KMD90603, Jan 19, 2007.

1. KMD90603

KMD90603 New Member

Well, I've just put myself into a MAJOR self-induced relapse. It started last week with a low-grade fever (100.5--highest it's ever been), back pain, and swollen glands. Now I'm feeling sooooo achy and have the wonderful flu-like symptoms. However, I only have myself to blame for this CFIDS flare.

I have been pushing myself a little bit too much, especially now that I have begun my last semester in nursing school. Then, last night, I worked until 3:30am and had to wake up at 7:15am this morning. I didn't have to work that late, but I decided to stay and help out. My gosh am I ever feeling it now. Somehow, I managed to stay awake (and functioning, may I add) for most of the day. It's like I had an adrenaline rush and my body knew I needed it. Wow, for once my body was doing what it SHOULD be doing. Then 6pm came around and I just crashed. Now, I am awake because my husband woke me up to put me to bed (I fell asleep on the couch), and I cannot fall back to sleep even though I'm dead tired.

I just hope this flare doesn't last too long. I go through this at the start of every semester, so I should have been mentally prepared for this, but I wasn't. I had been doing so well since september, with hardly any CFIDS symptoms. The only symptom I really had was the fatigue, but even that was manageable. So, I guess it's back to nursing myself back to health. Lots of fluids, rest, rest, and more rest.

Gentle hugs to all,
    Kim
  2. ksl25

ksl25 New Member

not sure what treatments you've tried, but i've been on guaifenisen for about a week and it's amazing the yellow and thick clear mucus that it has brought up.
    i really think it's helping me with getting rid of stuff that contributes to the pain.
    mucinex 2 times a day. and yes lots of water and rest.
    i wish you a speedy recovery!
  3. cherylsue

cherylsue Member

of your relapse. I hope it is a short lived one.

Hugs,
    Cherylsue