former insomniac sleeping 'till the cows come home

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by AnneTheresa, Feb 17, 2006.

1. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

My sis gave me a 'fogger' for Christmas - it's like a small water fountain that sits on a table, changes colour and sends steam into the air.

Last week I decided - since my sweetie has trouble sleeping - to put it in the bedroom and add some lavender to the water. Well, it smells wonderful and is working wonders insofar as my sweetie's sleep is concerned but I cannot (for love, nor money) rouse my own self awake in the morning.

Honestly, with the air in the bedroom so full of lavender it feels like a drug to me. I'm embarrassed to say that every day for the past week, I've stayed in bed until one o'clock. Usually, staying in bed that long would put me in terrible pain, but I'm walking up feeling better than I usually do.

I'm going to adjust the amount of lavender so I can get myself out of bed before noon, but I must tell you I'm thrilled to have found something to help with sleep.

Maybe it will work for you too.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

AnneTheresa:
    I am glad you found a way to sleep. It is much better than not sleeping at all. Your way is unique and hopefully will help others.
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  3. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I have used Lavendar Water on my pillow and sheets before. It has tended to help me relax.

When you adjust the amount, hopefully it will help you. I am glad you are sleeping though!

Don't be embarrased by how late you get up! You are very active and sometimes we must have more sleep!

Hugs,

Kim
  4. Juloo

Juloo Member

Maybe in the early morning you can get up and put some peppermint essence to the water. Perhaps that will help you wake up faster?

I'm jealous how much you're sleeping -- how wonderful!
  5. windblade

windblade Active Member

How interesting! I have trouble sleeping too - I think I'll try some lavender - I already have the oil.

Thanks for the tip.
  6. neen85

neen85 New Member

Can we all come over??? Daneen

[ advertisement ]