Found a Good Blanket

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Carina, Dec 9, 2002.

1. Carina

Carina New Member

I am on a limited income and find that the electric blankets, heated mattress pads and Cuddle Ewe are all out of my rech financially. Just when I thought I was doomed to be cold all night and with heavy blankets for the rest of my life I found a solution. When I went back home for Thaksgiving I talked it over with my mom. Thank goodness she had gotten an air mattress for when I visit.

Her solution for my need to keep warm and with lightweightness was already in her home.She had 2 blankets, actually they are throws you would use while watching TV, that are 85% acyrilic and I think 10% cotton. They are fleece with prints on them. I got 2 of them for about $28.00. I put 1 on top of the mattress and cover up with the other. I haven't slept so good in a loooonng time!!!

I would have to say to watch out because there 2 different grades sold at places like Walmart. I got the ones that look extra plush. The other grade you will know by sight as you can see the threadcount and they are not very thick.
    I hope this imfo will help someone out there.
  2. Carina

Carina New Member

I am on a limited income and find that the electric blankets, heated mattress pads and Cuddle Ewe are all out of my rech financially. Just when I thought I was doomed to be cold all night and with heavy blankets for the rest of my life I found a solution. When I went back home for Thaksgiving I talked it over with my mom. Thank goodness she had gotten an air mattress for when I visit.

Her solution for my need to keep warm and with lightweightness was already in her home.She had 2 blankets, actually they are throws you would use while watching TV, that are 85% acyrilic and I think 10% cotton. They are fleece with prints on them. I got 2 of them for about $28.00. I put 1 on top of the mattress and cover up with the other. I haven't slept so good in a loooonng time!!!

I would have to say to watch out because there 2 different grades sold at places like Walmart. I got the ones that look extra plush. The other grade you will know by sight as you can see the threadcount and they are not very thick.
    I hope this imfo will help someone out there.
  3. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

and I couldn't live without it. Mine has snaps and a zipper so I can either use it as a blanket, or wear it like a robe. Glad you found something to make life a little easier.
    Kathryn