Found A Good Stretching Program For Us

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, Aug 7, 2003.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

At 6:30 this morning, I saw a woman on WPBS doing a stretching program called, Complete Stretching. This is about as perfect a program for us as I have seen anywhere. This woman trains athletes and is a dancer herself. She has developed her progam with a doctor of physical medicine for the average person. Some of the stretches might be too much for some of us, but most of them are not difficult and really put the body through a comprehensive stretch. I see a little Pilates in some of the stretches. Many of the stretches are the ones I learned in physical therapy which kept my muscles toned, strong, and flexible even when I was practically bedridden.

You can check the scheduling guide in your area to see when she is on. You can also go to the WPBS website and click on the little projector icon in the upper lefthand corner. It will bring up a list of videos. Click on the Complete Stretching Video and it will provide information on this workout program. There is a single video for sale as well as a set of videos for different parts of the body.

I am very excited about this because it is free on TV and if you are a night owl and it is on early, you can tape it and do the exercises later on. You can try it out and if you like it, you can buy the videos, unless you make your own.

Love, Mikie
  2. catsii

catsii New Member

Thanks for the info, Mikie, will definitely check it out !
  3. EZBRUZR

EZBRUZR New Member

Mikie, thanks ,like always 4 finding what I can't.I have been all about stretching since Nov.It will B nice To see if I'm doing it correctly!I,too,use tehnics from previous PT,just can't remember all of it. (i think i forget the stuff that HELPs one)LOL For guidence-Your Time Zone?(I can then try to figure out right time 2 tape:} ) Thanks ,Stay Well,Peace,lisa
  4. sofy

sofy New Member

Found it ok but they dont carry it on any of the pbs stations I can get. Checked out the store and one tape it $25 and the set of 4 is $50, Yikes. Thats just too rich for my cloth purse. They dont carry it where my daughter is either. Darn!!
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Perhaps you could call, write, or e-mail your local affiliate and request they carry it. It is such a good program. I know the tapes are not cheap, but the price does include S&H, which makes them about the same as other tapes.

Perhaps you know someone who does get this program and would be happy to tape, say a week's worth, for you and send you the tapes. The post office has a Media Rate for mailing books and tapes and it's much cheaper than First Class. Even is someone you know would tape one or two of the shows, it would be a big help.

Just a few thoughts.

Love, Mikie
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Another thought. Sometimes libraries carry videos and you could request this one if the library doesn't have it. I think if one were to keep it at home and do it every day, it would become second nature like my PT stretches did.

Love, Mikie