Found help for my neck pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by klarry, Jul 17, 2003.

1. klarry

klarry New Member

My doctor recommended that I look into a reading desk to aid me doing crosswords and reading. I have had bad neck pain for some time, worsened by sitting and looking down at my book. With a little research on the Internet I found a wonderful lightweight laptop table. It is fantastic! When not in use it easily folds up. It arrived yesterday, and I quickly started to use it. It does work! I think that it is an improvement over pillows, because it allows you to easily select the most comfortable angle.
    Is my neck cured? Of course not. But at least now I can enjoy some of my seated occupations without causing more
    pain.
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I almost bought one of those laptop folding tables at Office Depot! Am sorry I didn't now, but will get one the next time I get out.

I don't do crossword, but read a lot in bed, write, look things up, etc.

I was not sure it would help, you have convinced me.

I know someone mentioned a footrest for the feet while on the computer for back pain, and I got an adjustable one, it worked like a charm. It makes me sit straight, therefore helps my posture and my back.

I also had trouble with the computer screen, it was too 'low' for me, and caused neck pain. I got one of those things that holds the screen up, and the keyboard like in a pullout drawer. No problems with my neck since them, it raised the screen about three inches!

Thanks for sharing, will get one as soon as possible.

Shalom, Shirl