Found inexpensive hot tub on shopping site

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cjcookie, Jun 4, 2006.

1. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

I can't remember if I'm allowed to share a shopping network or not. But today, their special value was a portable hot tub that had free shipping and was about $1000. I ordered one on a five month payment to see if it would help with some of my symptoms. I know we've discussed tubs before. This one could be set up inside or outside and ran on the electricity my house already has. It's not really fancy but the water moves well and its hot. I'll have to let you guys know how it turns out. I'm hopeful.
  2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

cjcookie:

Sounds good. Your post sounds nothing like promoting a product or how you got it. I will look into it myself.
    Thank you.

nyrofan
  3. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

I was thinking I would have to spend $3,000 to $4,000 out of my SS back pay. I'm really hoping this is a good solution. Maybe I could afford a small above ground pool for exercise now. I can't wait to get it. I just have to clear a place in my basement.

Do any of you have yours indoors? I was thinking the steam might affect the ceiling or something but people talk about having them in their house in the evaluations.
  4. Marjidoll

Marjidoll New Member

Mine is Master Spa brand, it was pricy, but so well made and it stays nice and clean with very little effort.

Ours is outside and we use it year-round except in extreme hot or cold.

It's great for the aches and stiffness.
  5. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

It's a Hot Springs. Not using to hot a water works for me too. I do trigger point work on myself with the jets in my hot tub. You are going to love your new tub! I use mine am and pm 4 or 5 times a week. My tub is outside and holds 375 gallons.

If you get your doctor to Rx it you can write it off on your taxes and it's maintance too.
    Happy hot tubbing,
    Dee50
    [This Message was Edited on 06/06/2006]
  6. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

if it works as well as they demostrated on show.
    I watch that one all the time too, and I had seen it before.
    I live in a Mobile Home Community, and it would fit in my backyard just right.

It's called a "Spa in a Box", or something cute like that.

I do buy a lot of things there, only have had to return a couple of dress, because of the sizing, otherwise, I have had good luck with them.

I can't get out and shop, as many of us aren't able to either.

I think of the home shopping show's, as another help in my coping with these conditions, I have.
    Just as the Computer has been a surprise , in helping me learn about FMS/CMPD, ets.
    I didn't have one, untill a few years agao, after that, I learned a lot, on how to save, on Energy and Pain.

I have also bought 4 Feather Mattress, from them, they are so comfortable. I have 3 on the bed and one on my couch, I fold it over and it fits.

I buy on flex pay, and I splurged one time and picked up some of the Santeen Sheets, they have, you would think, with all that, I wouls sleep better.
    I don't but staying in bed is more comfortable than it used to be.

I am hoping the Hot Tub works for you, it looks like a great deal.

hug's,
    sharonk

[This Message was Edited on 06/07/2006]
  7. wildflowers2

wildflowers2 New Member

Fisrt, please look into this more. As a rule these products take at least a 220 amp service on a seperate
    electric line run to the main box with it's own breaker.

110 current will cause the wires to heat up and can cause a fire.

In side use: You need to put up a moisture barrier from top to bottom of your room. Or your area will rot.

Moisture will get into the wood,walls etc. and also cause MOLD spores.

Plus..the chlorine will smell and will filter throughout your house. I dont think you want that.
    My cousin has one in her inclosed patio before you enter her house and a closed door to her house.

They had to have a vent put in and IT STILLS SMELLS!
    Along with seperate electric lines.
    It almosts knocks me out to go over there.

Picture if you will going to and inside pool like the YMCA.
    and smell the chemicls lurking in the air.
    you will have the same thing.

These things also need to be cleaned out once a month.

I have re searched these things indepth. Called plumbers, electricans, contractors, for bids.

One more thing.....you NEED a large space to put these in
    ans YOU must measure the doorway as they do NOT come apart.
    IT's ONE unit..

My cousin bought one with out thinking and they had to take their slidding glass doors out frame and all
    to squeeze the thing in. Next they would have had to cut a
    larger opening and re brace the wall and opening.

Measure B4 you BUY*********

AN NEVER and I mean NEVER buy a USED one...WHy?

Well the crack and can not be repaired!

Never buy one that has been discontinued or you wont be able to get parts for it either.

A suggestion> Have you looked at a spa tub?
    Lowes has them and home depot for around 800.00.

You dont need chemicals with those and they have heated jets as well.

My old house just doesnt have the room for one. Trust
    me I measured every spot I could think of.

I would love to have a hot tub. But , I want to use one ALL year round. And outside you are limited with the elements.

Besides, I can not for the life of me dash from a warm cozy fire to go outside to use it.

8. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

Several hot tubs can run on 110. I do know this because my cousin owns a shop. They make a few smaller units (not the luxury types) that can do this. Their prices were much higher, though. As for portability, this one comes apart. I figure it's a little like the one Kramer had on Seinfeld only updated.

Thanks for the tips on waterproofing and mold. I will take care of that. Hoping it works out - I will let you guys know.