Found out how much money I will get

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by atiledsner, Sep 5, 2006.

  1. atiledsner

    atiledsner New Member

    I wrote earlier about getting the disability without a hearing.Well, I will get 30 months backpay and only 297.00 dollars a month. They want to take out 88.40 a month for insurance.

    I am 57 years old so I can't draw my x-husband's SS until I am 62 and that is only if I don't remarry.

    I stayed home and raised my children until they were teenagers.My hubby didn't pay in SS on me all the time.

    Even though I worked after he left and paid in SS I just bearly qualified.

    I feel somewhat cheated - punished for the years I stayed home and was a mother. Now if I need a man's help to support me I would have to live with a man,and not marry him, to be able to draw what little money is alloted to me.

    What a jolt. Reality has set in.Just wanted to share.
  2. sues1

    sues1 New Member

    what a bummer. I do not think hubby had to pay into SS for you. You are entitled to a share of his SS, if he dies or even if divorced....if you were married at least 10 yrs.?

    I could be in error.

    Blessings Susan
  3. atiledsner

    atiledsner New Member

  4. atiledsner

    atiledsner New Member

    True this is a bummer.I was married to him nearly 26 years but cannot draw any of his SS until I am 62.I am 57 so what is a gal supposed to do for 5 years?

    Since I draw so little I may get some of my meds. paid for this will help. I am checking into this now.

    I am open to suggestions,I live in Alabama.I know people that work the system to get all kinds of free help, I just don't know how.atiledsner
  5. 69mach1

    69mach1 New Member

    i am sure there is a minimum on ssi that also includes money toward food...instead getting food stamps they give it to you in monetary...way...

    i could be wrong but check out would do it now but i have been running to the toilet...

    did you get a lump sum of money from a worker's comp case during your time of filing? that makes a difference for a while then they bump it up to where it needs to be....

    i know how you feel about the hubby thing and raising the kids...if it weren't for you the kids wouldn't have a stable person in their life..

    i'll be in touch w/you..

    and i have the state of california pay my premium of 88 a month...they did take it out for about 6 month or so...then gave me a retro active pay reimbursement on that...
    then i have medi-cal as well....

    you need to go to your local social worker/welfare office so they can get the papers filed for you...

    i think you could get more on welfare plus not have to pay for medicaid...

    so that is why ssi is more than welfare...

    so don't freak out yet...there are alot of errors that go on w/ssa..i am still dealing w/them owing me from my last claim..

  6. blondie45

    blondie45 New Member

    As far as I know you can draw off your husband's social security since you were married more than 10 years. If it won't help your disability now I would think it would help you out when you turn 62. Just something for you to check out.

[ advertisement ]