Found some thing new that helps my headaches

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rosemarie, May 20, 2012.

1. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

My sweet daughters bought me some nataural bath prodcuts from LUSH. They got me two bath melts of Dreamtime and they are like a mini massage bar. You can rub it on your neck , head and on your chest. The scent it a soft lavender and cammomile and it smells so great.

I was having a hard time undwinding and my head ached so I just used a tiny amount on the back of my neck and chest and then curled up in my blanket as I was so cold, {it was 78 degree's in my house and I am freezing.} With in minutes I was sleeping and didn't wake up till my hubby woke me up at 6 am and said to go get in bed, the soft scent was still there and I went right back to sleep and slept great. I woke up alert and totally awake , a first for me.
    You would have eto buy this at a LUSH store as it melts when the weather is warmer, so it can't be shipped from the online store.
    Even after using this bath melt that is only 2 oz I still have more than 3/4 of teh bar left to use, When I put it in my bath I use a nylon to catch teh cammomile flowers inside the melt so it does not make a mess. It works great either way. Just wanted to share some thing that works for me.
  2. deserella

deserella Member

I had a terrible migraine headache yesterday. They take it out of me I went to bed at 9 pm. and didn't wake up until noon today and I've been feeling so weak. We just got a Lush store so I'm totally going to get some. Thanks for sharing.

3. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

I use a dab of lavender oil on the tip of my nose...not in it though. It helps soothe me. Also something I found for my muscular type headaches is a stiff hair brush. I give myself a good head/neck massage with it. It helps open up the blood vessels in the head. I also carry a brush in the car for when I'm driving. Wish I could use it on my shoulders too but it doesn't work.
  4. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

I am sorry you are suffering with headaches. I suppose it depends on the headache; we have them for so many different reasons.

I began having them in my late 30's, and they got really bad during my 40's. They would always hit in the am when I wake up and I had to head straight for the bathroom because I was so naseaus. I tried many times to get through them but every one would last from 2 to3 days. Someone would always have to take me to ER or drs office if open for a shot; I think it was demerol. Anyway, my dr. began trying several of the new meds for my headaches; I was getting desperate; they were soooo bad that I wanted to just bang my head against the wall; just didn't have the strength; ok, just kidding. Finally my dr. gave me these little pills called Maxalt. I call it the "Miracle Pill"; I put 1/2 of one under my tongue until it melted and within 20 to 30 minutes, my headache was gone. I know; unbelievable!

Well, as I got older, the headaches slowed down. I still have them but not very often. My pain management dr. gives them to me, of course only so many per year, and I guard them with my life, lol!

I realize, it's another med but if anyone has experienced headaches like I did, during that time, there is no doubt in my mind that they would try them. They come in pill form, which I used to break in half, (a 10 mg) and also the ones that disolve under the tongue, which I prefer.

I hope this helps anyone having bad headaches.

Thenk you and take care!