Found wonderful Dr. It will save my sanity!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lenasvn, Jan 3, 2006.

1. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

I went to a wonderful physician who really, I mean REALLY listened. Many of the conserns I mentioned to my previous doc (that said "you would be much happier if you didn't pay so much attention to your symptoms")he was conserned about. He suspects neurological damage. He asked if I have had an MRI, and I said no. He want to run some blood work first, like B12 deficiency (which can be even fatal if not treated) that you can have without knowing it if you have IBS and chronic diarrea. I had IBS since I was born (a result of my mothers abuse of Valium). I bet he will have to do a few things (elimination method) before he orders the MRI? he even got a cognitive test done which shows my recall is downhills (I knew that!) I spent a whole 2 hours in there. He was surprised I was never referred to a Rheumy for my RA, I am showing some signs of severe destruction in my spine. Anywho, I never thought I would be so happy to find out that I have some bad problems (all not mentioned here)! Yey! I lost faith in docs, but now I feel some hope. He will go thru every little thing until there is nothing else to go thru. He want to turn every page of my life and every rock.
  2. karatelady52

karatelady52 New Member

Finding a good doctor is better than finding gold!

See if he will run bacteria and virus tests for you. My former doctor use to say everyone had some viruses in them so there's no point in running tests on them.

The doctor I have now tested me for viruses and I had 3 active ones like Epstein-Barr (mono) for one. No wonder I was tired all the time.

She also tested me for lyme (lyme is a bacteria and can cause a lot of neurological problems and mimic other diseases like MS, Lupus, ALS, CFS/FM to name a few). She uses a lab called Igenex that runs a test called the Western Blot and it came back positive.

This was after years and years of doctors finding nothing wrong with me that they could pinpoint.

I'm so happy for you,

Sandy
  3. MamaR

MamaR New Member

So happy for you! I know what you mean about finding a doc that really seems to care and want to help! It is like a ray of light and hope!!

Again...so happy for you.

BIG OL HUG...MamaR
    [This Message was Edited on 01/03/2006]
  4. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

It is rare, for sure! Thanks for responding, it feels good (especially since my family is way back home in Sweden, when I have news it's in the middle of the night over there, LOL! He sent the lab he want done right to where I'm supposed to do it, I'll ask for a copy when I go there. It was troubling, but also sort of funny when he checked my knee reflexes, he couldn't get any respone on my right side, he hit and hit again. There are some obvious neurological problems. I have a feeling this doc. became one because of true compassion, my first African American doctor. He has the compassion that comes with people who have seen alot in life. He seem tremendously knowledeable.
  5. angeljoe

angeljoe New Member

I am so happy that there are good doctors out there. I'm still searching for one. I wouldn't know what to do with a supportive Dr.

Its great that your physician is helping you so much. I'm glad that he is wanting to go thru everything in your life.

Best wishes,
    Angela
  6. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

I was so not used to it, at one point tears just started flooding, but I caught myself quickly. I didn't know HOW to thank him, is there any way? I think his intuitive nature could sense my deep gratitude. But you are like a beat dog, you are watchful and wait for that blow that might never come after many bad experiences and ignorant docs that made you cry leaving their office. It will take time to get used to.
  7. kch64

kch64 New Member

I'm happy for you that you're feeling reassured. He sounds compassionate.

I like your statement that we "feel like a beat dog". Aint it the truth?

Hugs,
    Kendra